Oscar tribute – Hollywood lighting

Almizilero

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's the Oscars tonight, so a perfect time to show some of these portraits from the latest shoot with Mirjam. We were going for a classic old Hollywood vibe with paramount butterfly lighting. We als ohad some fun with the nice sets at the studio.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Almizilero
  • Like 16

A terrific set.  3 & 4 are my favorites, too.  #1, in my opinion, is not as strong since the straight on image seems static compared to the others.

• Like 1

Thank you all! I agree about the frontal view of #1, but I kinda like it (It's actually one of the trial shots when I set up the lights and she wasn't completely in “model mode”. So to me, it is just more natural). My favorite is #2 which doesn't seem to get a lot of love. But I'm very happy that #3 is so popular, as it is an almost copy of the picture that inspired this set and the model and I weren't really sure if the low angle really works.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Almizilero said:

Thank you all! I agree about the frontal view of #1, but I kinda like it (It's actually one of the trial shots when I set up the lights and she wasn't completely in “model mode”. So to me, it is just more natural). My favorite is #2 which doesn't seem to get a lot of love. But I'm very happy that #3 is so popular, as it is an almost copy of the picture that inspired this set and the model and I weren't really sure if the low angle really works.

I agree with your favorite. It's #2 for me.  The director's chair is a nice touch. 

The dress should have a warning attached to it: "I don't do hugs!" 

Edited by fotografr
  • Haha 1