Vietnam & Cambodia

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've now completed a web page on my site covering the trip I've recently made to Vietnam and Cambodia. For anyone interested the link is:-
All images taken with the Leica M10 and M10-r

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Posted (edited)

Great series, Tom!

We were on a boat like the one you were on in Ha Long Bay, also to spend the night.  Difference being that ours capsized in a torrential rainshower! We were fortunate to make it ashore. Fortunately it didn’t go down fully and I could recover my camera gear (and other luggage) the next day.

Edited by larsv
Typo

Thanks Tom. Looks like you and Eileen had a fantastic trip.
Wonderful series. I’d need more than a few beers before attempting a fried spider….

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Tom -

I've come to expect excellence from you, and once again you have not disappointed me.  A lovely collection, well curated, and your photos are much better than mine of those two countries.  Both in Vietnam and in other places we've interacted with Vietnamese, we've found them to be exceptionally generous - If all they owned was a bowl of rice they'd give you half.

While walking down a street in Hanoi, we saw a number of youths hanging out at a soft-serve ice cream stand.  As we passed, Barbara stuck out her tongue, and the young man closest to us instantly held out his cone to her.  We all had a good laugh.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

Wow Lars, bet that’s an experience you wouldn’t want to repete.

No, not really. We were in bed and asleep when we were woken up by banging on the door and the sounds of a loud alarm. Initially, I thought to have a bad dream. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As the others stated before, this is an excellent series of pictures! You captured the spirit of the visited places and I especially love how you captured the colors. Makes me want to go there in an instant. Vietnam is still on my bucket list and after enjoying your photos I put Cambodia on this list too 😀 Thanks for sharing your impressions with us!

• Like 1

Am 2.4.2024 um 05:42 schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

As the others stated before, this is an excellent series of pictures! You captured the spirit of the visited places and I especially love how you captured the colors. Makes me want to go there in an instant. Vietnam is still on my bucket list and after enjoying your photos I put Cambodia on this list too 😀 Thanks for sharing your impressions with us!

This, basically. Had a trip booked to Vietnam for 2020 and then ... something ... happend. Still didn't find the time to plan the trip anew, but these pictures really put it back on my radar!