8e , KOB or something else

grahamc

46 minutes ago, grahamc said:

😂 Last chance for late-comers....

12pm GMT for results  

Whatever the results, thanks for this test showing that the lens signature is not that obvious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the responses.  So each of these were edited independently (i.e. not to match them for this) ... It was only when I saw the Ricoh shots sitting nicely amongst these lenses I thought I'd post for fun.  

The KOB 35mm image was indeed cropped, however so was the 8e, and the Ricoh image wasn't cropped - meaning they should all have had a similar 40mm FOV.

Here's what they were shot with, and the guess tallies:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here is another Vaseline-Ricoh image which IMHO looks very KOB-like: 

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Thanks for the responses.  So each of these were edited independently (i.e. not to match them for this) ... It was only when I saw the Ricoh shots sitting nicely amongst these lenses I thought I'd post for fun.  

The KOB 35mm image was indeed cropped, however so was the 8e, and the Ricoh image wasn't cropped - meaning they should all have had a similar 40mm FOV.

Here's what they were shot with, and the guess tallies:

Also here is another Vaseline-Ricoh image looking, IMHO, very KOB-like:  

I guessed right yes!! Ahah the first one was the easiest one to guess for me. The 2nd one, while it looked softer and I wondered if it was film or not, once I saw the 3rd one it was easy to guess that was the film one and that 2nd one was with Ricoh, as while softer it still had a digital sharpness to it vs pic 3.That being said, yeah, the filter does make the digital files look warmer / kinder : ) This additional pic too does look nice, if you had increased exposure by 1+ or 2+ I could think it had been shot with overexposed portra 400.

• Like 2

Here are the OOC, unedited and un-cropped for the M10 w/KOB and the Ricoh w/Filter just in case anyone is interested.

That's probably enough talk of this tiny, inexpensive & shirt-pocketable camera around these parts  :P   

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Alberti said:

I have the impression we have looked at heavily edited pictures. LOL.

😂 Yes of course edited, but with a few clicks and not with the intention of this test.   The unedited shots of KOB / Ricoh are in the post #26 so draw your own conclusions whether it would’ve been any easier to pick :)

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 1

I was fortunate to guess these! The middle one would of been tricky to identify as a standalone if it the 1st and 3rd were not there but I was confident on the film and the m10 so process of elimination! I love this sort of thing. Maybe we can do a thread on it!

• Like 1