In a very large public yoga class

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Grand Central Terminal

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 17

So far, nine people have clicked the like button on this image. Perhaps I'm missing something because all I see is a pretty face and a large arm pit. Is that enough to make a good image? Can one of the people who clicked the like please tell me why you like this photo? Better yet, maybe the OP could let me know. 

Edited by fotografr
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fotografr said:

So far, nine people have clicked the like button on this image. Perhaps I'm missing something because all I see is a pretty face and a large arm pit. Is that enough to make a good image? Can one of the people who clicked the like please tell me why you like this photo? Better yet, maybe the OP could let me know. 

I just clicked the "like" button

here is why because of your comment, 🙂 

• Haha 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, fotografr said:

Brent, I don't think you missed something because this photo didn't draw your attention. It's purely subjective. Although not technically perfect, I immediately got caught by her eyes and her look pointing in her arm's direction...but this is just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/29/2024 at 6:14 AM, chris7273 said:

I just clicked the "like" button

here is why because of your comment, 🙂 

So you "liked" for spite?    We are turning into an old Seinfeld rerun!  😅 

...Can one of the people who clicked the like please tell me why you like this photo?...

@fotografr The thing that immediately grabbed me is the intensity in her eyes.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 7:19 AM, Lelmer said:

Brent, I don't think you missed something because this photo didn't draw your attention. It's purely subjective. Although not technically perfect, I immediately got caught by her eyes and her look pointing in her arm's direction...but this is just me.

I don’t know; maybe a close up of her pretty face would have been a nice portrait, although I do like her smoothly shaved pit! 😉

BTW, in a group yoga, usually they do the same thing at the same time. Here, her  arm and position don’t go with people of the background! 🤗

24 minutes ago, Louis said:

I don’t know; maybe a close up of her pretty face would have been a nice portrait, although I do like her smoothly shaved pit! 😉

BTW, in a group yoga, usually they do the same thing at the same time. Here, her  arm and position don’t go with people of the background! 🤗

Actually, they do match.

Posted (edited)

I wasn't attracted to it first time round either. Forced by this discussion to think why that was: the way the arm is cut off, and yet the eyes follow in the same direction, looking at nothing? the distracting OOF foreground which may have movement blur from someone else? the apparent capture of a private moment (a man with a camera in a yoga class) which I find intrusive (though the photographer may have asked permission)? the way the eye is forced to look at the armpit (dead centre) and the (covered) breast, which I don't find attractive (others might), and is a bit of a male gaze thing?

A bit of all of these things (subconsciously sensed first time round) meant that I didn't click 'like'. But we're all different and I'm not trying to express a right and wrong. 

I asked my wife, who agreed with my comments except the male gaze thing, which didn't worry her 🤷‍♂️!

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 5:56 PM, Louis said:

No, they all are are doing the same asana. It is Utthita Parshvakonasana

Edited by uday_jm
  • Thanks 1