Godox V1 with hot shoe contacts from Nikon , Canon or other for mounting on the Leica SL2-S ?

LEGEND

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hallo ,

I want to purchase me Godox V1 flash but I don't know with what contacts to buy. 
There are different versions of Godox V1 for Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Sony ...
As I know the Leica use the same hot shoe contacts as the Nikon.
They are on the same place but two of them are on the Leica switched so there is a difference.

I know that the TTL and HSS will not work with this Godox V1 on my Leica SL2-S. 
I want also to buy me this new Xpro II for the Leica. That way I can get workaround and use 
V1 as TTL flash that get triggered with Xpro II. That will get mounted on the camera cage.
It will be bulky and heavy but I don't have problems with that... 

The question is should I buy Godox V1 that have Nikon contacts or for different camera?

I want to get sure that I will have no problems when I use V1 on the camera without Xpro II.
Uf curse that way I will not have TTL / HSS only manual ... 

Nikola

36 minutes ago, Simone_DF said:

I have the V1 with Nikon hotshoe and works fine with my SL2-S.

Thank you for the info.
I think I will also go with Godox V1 - N with Nikon hotshoe contacts...

Do you have other cameras?

I have Sony and it works, but the V1 Pro is for Panasonic and works well. Just in case I get a Panasonic camera down the line

I use it with Leica Trigger from Godox. But all these magnetic adapters are terrible and keep bumping off. 
I find the best soft solution to be the grey fong. and it does not come off.

But for most of the time the Leica flash is easier to have.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Photoworks said:

Do you have other cameras?

I have Sony and it works, but the V1 Pro is for Panasonic and works well. Just in case I get a Panasonic camera down the line

I use it with Leica Trigger from Godox. But all these magnetic adapters are terrible and keep bumping off. 
I find the best soft solution to be the grey fong. and it does not come off.

But for most of the time the Leica flash is easier to have.

I just purchased me Godox V1 - N and Xpro II for Leica.
It was 20% off so if I decide to sell this there is not much to lose.
I will also buy me this Diffusor Dome for V1.
Will see, if it start to fall off there is always masking tape to fix them in place if needed...

I don't think that I will buy me a Panasonic or something else in the near future.
I am in the Leica multiverse since 2010 started with a Leica MP and so on...
There is no escape now. It is like a quicksand. The more you move the more you sink and stuck... 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/25/2024 at 3:53 PM, Simone_DF said:

I have the V1 with Nikon hotshoe and works fine with my SL2-S.

By dumb luck (I do have an SL, and I do also have the Godox Leica Trigger which does WORK with the SL, but not the TL2) - do you have or have you used a Nikon with a TL2???  I asked previously (different forum - to no response)...

Like I said - by dumb luck?

I have the V1's in three flavors - Sony (RX1), Fuji (most of them), and Olympus (DC-S1).  They all link to the xProIIL and work great not he SL - but for whatever reason - TL2 does NOT work with the xProIIL.  Also have AD200p AD100p (Buy the 100 not the 200 unless you need power), and my favorite a TT350 for the sony - very very small - powerful enough - and disposable.

Let me know if a Nikon will fire off a TL2  (avoiding plunking down real money on a native one - those TT350s are often under $50 and disposable at that point).  Fear the TL2 is different and I'm stuck buying into a native.

• Like 1