Difference between Leica CL 19301 and 19345?

I was unaware of any difference. I wonder if the numbers designate body alone and kit, body and 18mm lens, but none on that site offer a CL with the lens so I must be wrong. It doesn't appear to be black or chrome either.  I'm stumped. Sorry. No help at all. 

Interesting observation. The CL I bought new in 2018 in Australia has order number 19 301. Meanwhile the Australian Leica webpage lists the same camera as 19 345:

https://leica-camera.com/en-AU/photography/cameras/cl-tl/cl-black

Never noticed this before. Quite puzzling.

I am visiting the local Leica Store later this week. I will ask them about this.

Edited by Studienkamera

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have also wanted to know the answer to this and checked with Leica themselves yesterday.  I have just received this answer:

Hello Mr. Payne,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your interest in the CL. The only difference between these is 19345 came with a newer version of the charger.

Kind regards,

Brian Roy (He/Him)

Technical Manager

Leica Camera Inc. | 500 Frank W. Burr Blvd, 5th Floor | Teaneck, NJ 07666 | USA T +1 201 962 9959 brian.roy@leica-camera.com us.leica-camera.com

Edited by JHPINLA
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Further to my post above, I also asked MPB yesterday and got this answer just now:

Hi John,

According to Leica, the only discernible difference is that the 19345 comes with the newer version of the charger. The numbers themselves refer to the material numbers, which seems to be a designation Leica uses for packaging.

Regards,
Dana M.
MPB

That confirms my direct response from Leica above.  I have no idea about different pricing if the 19345s on MPB site tend to say they come with a third party charger.

You're welcome!  Seconds after I got the answer, I placed my order with MPB for a "Like-New" 19301 so that I will have a) a spare for when and if I need work done on my existing CL and b) a dedicated second CL for my 55-135 for such occasions as I need a quick change from my standard 18-55 in an unfriendly environment.

I also took the opportunity in my thankyou to Brian Roy for the quick response to express my disappointment at the ceasing of the CL.