RRS Q3 grip and L plate coming 26th Feb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://reallyrightstuff.com/leica-q3-custom-plate/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by FusionX.Photo

I must admit to be looking forward very much to this becoming available. For those of us who prefer using a grip together with an Arca-Swiss type tripod mounting on the horizontal and vertical aspects there doesn't seem much else of comparable utility. I have been using the standard Leica Q3 grip together with a Three Legged Thing Ellie screwed into the tripod bush on the grip; it achieves the same purpose but with a theoretical potential instability (not admittedly experienced by me) because of the additional Ellie/grip joint, and the combination, although functional, isn't entirely an aesthetic delight! Having previously used an RRS dedicated grip/L bracket on my Fuji XT2 I was impressed with the quality and fit. If that is reproduced on the new Q3 plate I think I shall probably fall victim to its charms!

For those who are not concerned about a grip, but would still prefer both a horizontal and vertical Arca-Swiss facility I can thoroughly recommend the Ellie.

• 1 month later...