Stolen Q2 in Addis Ababa

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

I've been a Leica user for over 20 years now, and my last purchase was a second-hand Q2 from France. 

I landed a few hours ago in Addis Ababa and my camera was pulled out of my bag by the cab driver right as he dropped me off. I can't explain how he did it. It was some real magician-grade trickery. I realized that my bag was a little light and went straight for my camera but it was gone.

I'm shattered. I've only had it for a few months and was just getting used to it.

I guess I'm posting for some advice on what to do to get it back. I'm going to the police station to file a report and get them the CCTV camera footage from the airport where he picked me up but other than that I have no idea what to do. Unfortunately my insurance only covers a maximum of 250€ per item stolen so even if the claim is successful I would only get a fraction of its value back.

I still have the charger with me and all the rest of the accessories, and box are back home so he be selling just the camera with the lens hood and one battery.

What would you guys do?

Edited by leicalens_adventures
Typos

Addis Ababa?  Little hope of retrieving it through the regular channels. I would let it be widely known that I offer a 500$ reward for its return.