Leica S 007 what is the latest firmware update and can we use the firmware for the S3?

On 1/20/2024 at 4:34 PM, Pieter12 said:

The fact that the example of the hair shows less detail indicates to me that the lens is not stopping down.

I’m not sure we can tell from these images.  The image with the hair looks a little like movement to me (subject movement) or could be that the exposure is longer with the f/stop open than with the f/stop closed, causing loss of detail. However, in either case, the lens would be at fault, so that is the likely needed repair and it doesn’t matter if its f/stop or CS.

7 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

I’m not sure we can tell from these images.  The image with the hair looks a little like movement to me (subject movement) or could be that the exposure is longer with the f/stop open than with the f/stop closed, causing loss of detail. However, in either case, the lens would be at fault, so that is the likely needed repair and it doesn’t matter if its f/stop or CS.

Not at 1/500

13 hours ago, Pieter12 said:

At 1/500, subject motion should not be a factor. Plus the second shot is overexposed, leading to the conclusion the lens is not stopping down to 5.6.

Or the shutter is stuck and not closing fast enough, effectively lowering the shutter speed…. Because it is being used with the central shutter, and because it is over-exposed - either the f/stop is not working or the shutter, both leading to over-exposure and potential appearance in change of focus.  For 2 stops (I think that is what the OP said was occurring?) it could be an effectively lower shutter speed.  My point was it doesn’t matter, it does appear to be the lens regardless.