Tethering Capture One Pro

osroubek

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M11-P is tethered to the latest version of Capture One Pro. I have tried both my Mac Pro and Mac studio which are up to date. The camera has the latest firmware. I created a test session and the camera is recognized in Capture One. I have set the camera to Tethering in the USB menu. I am tethered using a USB c to USB cable from Tether Tools. I also tried a USB C to USB C cable and the same error pops up. In Capture One preferences under Capture, Leica is checked for USB. I get the error: Could not insert capture M11P TetherTest0008.DNG into collection. 

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by osroubek

I have an M11 (not P) and both M1 Max and M2 Max MacBook Pros and it works for me, latest firmware, tethertools usb-c/usb-c cable and not the latest OS (Sonoma 14.1 instead of 14.2) as that has caused a number of issues, I believe even tethering issues on a number of applications, including C1. Live view works, and so forth as well. Could it be an OS issue? I know C1 16.3.3 was released to address a few OS-specific items around sliders but if you're on Sonoma 14.2, there may be other things at play. Just a guess though. 

Thank you for your reply. I am on Sonoma 14.2 but updated just yesterday thinking that my problem was due to a previous version of the OS. That's interesting that it works for you. I also have an SL2 and plugged it in using the same cable and it worked instantly! I cannot figure out in settings what to do if anything. There does not appear to be anything that is obvious. 

Edited by osroubek

I think I found my answer. I looked at the release notes of the most recent firmware 2.0.2 for the M11-P and it states the following: 

Important Information regarding the use of Tethered Shooting (M11-P only) 

Image file errors occur when using Tethering in conjunction with Leica Content Credentials. This error will be remedied shortly. 

All my user profiles that I tend to use have Content Credentials turned ON. So I used a profile that has it OFF and voila!. The DNG file populates in Capture One like it should. I was thinking in the back of my mind, is there something interfering with capture. So that is why I went to the Leica website and found this crucial piece of information. Hopefully a fix will come soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1