visoflex 020

mort linder

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i just purchased a visoflex 020 with no instructions . can anyone explain the 3 options listed under evf/display controls . when they were all at auto ,

live view on the screen was activated  and looking through the evf activated it . i put lv screen target at evf and was able to activate the evf  by pushing

lv without having the screen on , which i like much better . this was just a guess . i would like to know what the other options do . is there a page in the 

m10 manual with an explanation ? any help appreciated .

15 minutes ago, mort linder said:

i just purchased a visoflex 020 with no instructions . can anyone explain the 3 options listed under evf/display controls . when they were all at auto ,

live view on the screen was activated  and looking through the evf activated it . i put lv screen target at evf and was able to activate the evf  by pushing

lv without having the screen on , which i like much better . this was just a guess . i would like to know what the other options do . is there a page in the 

m10 manual with an explanation ? any help appreciated .

Please refer to the video tutorial from mathphotographer@Youtube channel, starting at around 9:30 for more detail. 

6 hours ago, Erato said:

Please refer to the video tutorial from mathphotographer@Youtube channel, starting at around 9:30 for more detail. 

original poster is speaking of the 020 not the newer one

For some reason the M10 manual does not explain the settings under EVF/DISPLAY CONTROL, but they are really quite simple:

There is one setting called Screen Target for each of the following modes:

• Play mode (image review, PLAY button)
  • Live view mode (LV button)
  • Auto review after each exposure, if enabled

For each of these modes there are the following settings:

• AUTO, meaning that the EVF, if attached, is used in this mode when lifting the camera (EVF) to the eye. Otherwise the LCD is used.
  • EVF, meaning that the EVF is always used in this mode.
  • Display, meaning that the LCD is always used in this mode.

The default is AUTO for all modes, but there is no possibility to have both the EVF and the LCD on a the same time. But you can e.g. force only the EVF to be used during live view by setting the LV Target to EVF and to always review images using the LCD only by setting the Play and Auto Review Screen Targets to Display.

If the EVF is not attached all modes work as if the Display setting had been chosen.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 1:07 PM, mujk said:

For some reason the M10 manual does not explain the settings under EVF/DISPLAY CONTROL, but they are really quite simple:

There is one setting called Screen Target for each of the following modes:

• Play mode (image review, PLAY button)
  • Live view mode (LV button)
  • Auto review after each exposure, if enabled

For each of these modes there are the following settings:

• AUTO, meaning that the EVF, if attached, is used in this mode when lifting the camera (EVF) to the eye. Otherwise the LCD is used.
  • EVF, meaning that the EVF is always used in this mode.
  • Display, meaning that the LCD is always used in this mode.

The default is AUTO for all modes, but there is no possibility to have both the EVF and the LCD on a the same time. But you can e.g. force only the EVF to be used during live view by setting the LV Target to EVF and to always review images using the LCD only by setting the Play and Auto Review Screen Targets to Display.

If the EVF is not attached all modes work as if the Display setting had been chosen.

thank you . this answers my question .