Camera color space setting

The colourspace is set during raw conversion, not in the camera. Whatever you set it to in-camera applies to JPG only, assuming you are referring to stills. You can certainly change it to sRGB in LR, as it is always possible to convert to a smaller colourspace  but you cannot expand to a larger one as the out of gamut colours will be lost irrevocably in conversion.

The normal colourspace in stills photography is Adobe RGB nowadays, or Prophoto if you prefer to work in a large one, as I do in Photoshop. During editing LR uses Profoto and only dumbs down to your specified colour space during export. It is advisable to use sRGB for Web publishing as you have no control over the device that the image will be displayed on nor over the browser.
The only exception is L*A*B* as you can switch in and out without loss as it is not an RGB colourspace.

In fact ECI RGB vII is basically meant to be used in the printing industry. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaapv said:

The normal colourspace in stills photography is Adobe RGB nowadays, or Prophoto

If you are copying your processed image files into another application, such as PowerPoint, the application is unlikely to use ProPhoto.  Your carefully executed adjustments will not look right.  I have had more success using Adobe RGB for this type of use.

I dumb down at the end of the edit before before saving, of course. The final colour space is determined by the use. The editing is done in a wide colour space to preserve the full gamut. As evidenced by my remark about web use, to save it there would be pointless.

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

It is advisable to use sRGB for Web publishing as you have no control over the device that the image will be displayed on nor over the browser.

A year or two ago I switched to exporting in Display P3 colorspace for web and social media.  I've not yet heard any complaints.  I suspect no-one has noticed.