Recommended UK print labs

Ernstk

Would that go for colour negative process/scan too, Andy?

I have just run the first film through my "new" R3 with rather mixed results using another lab. Hence I don't know if it in process/scan or the camera.  I shall scan on my flatbed to compare output, but it looks to me that the balance/contrast is not right. I'll investigate further before raising on the forum.

Edited by leica dream

1 hour ago, leica dream said:

Would that go for colour negative process/scan too, Andy?

I have just run the first film through my "new" R3 with rather mixed results using another lab. Hence I don't know if it in process/scan or the camera.  I shall scan on my flatbed to compare output, but it looks to me that the balance/contrast is not right. I'll investigate further before raising on the forum.

For colour processing & scanning, I've had good results with FilmDev:

https://filmdev.co.uk/

Scans from anywhere will often need a bit of work to get colour balance and contrast the way you want them, though. Some labs intervene more than others to 'fix' the scans before sending them out, which you may or may not want. The better labs will give you neutral scans without extra sharpening if you request that.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’ve not used them for the sizes that you mention but I get all my prints at Simlab in Hertfordshire.  I mainly print on 18” x 12”, the service is excellent, upload before 1pm, receive them next day via courier, prices are good too.  I see that there is a section on their site for large prints.

David

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...