Capture One and the Leica SL2 is not supported on a Mac platform for live view.

Jim B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems people are misguided. And I would like to help people from wasting their money spending hundreds of dollars, buying a product that doesn't work. I have owned the SL2 since it was released. It has not, and still does Not work with live view on Capture One on a Mac operating system. It doesn't even recognize the camera. However, It did seem to work with my sl2s model. Initially did not and after turning it on and off several times, it finally recognized the sl2s. It seems to work much better on Windows.

Here is the response from Capture One...

Sergi Salillas (Capture One) 

Mar 6, 2023, 16:15 GMT+1 

These cameras don't have support for Live View. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaptureone.zendesk.com%2Fattachments%2Ftoken%2FFKIt0LIfXlqYewSAcs9SdxXMR%2F%3Fname%3DScreenshot%2B2023-03-06%2Bat%2B16.14.41.png&t=1678241455&ymreqid=d9d26565-ce27-3a46-2f2c-5a000e01b200&sig=Wlf1MPeI0ny1zkbCrLARtQ--~D

I wrote a feature request for it. 

I will close this ticket for now but feel free to reopen it if you need further assistance regarding this topic. 

Best Regards,

Sergi Salillas
Technical Support Agent

We encourage you to browse our Help Center and Learning Hub for detailed product documentation, helpful pro tips, and much more.

Want to learn about Capture One and interact in our regular Livestreams with David Grover? View the schedule and sign up here.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaptureone.zendes

Jbren70692

Mar 6, 2023, 15:23 GMT+1 

It seems to work with the Leica sl2s  but not the sl2 doesn’t recognize that camera

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, March 4, 2023, 8:03 AM, Capture One <support@captureone.zendesk.com> wrote:

Mar 3, 2023, 13:01 GMT+1 

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. The cameras you mentioned don't have support for live View, see here which models have it: 

Camera models and RAW files supported by Capture One

At the same time, I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to our Product Management team as something to consider in a future release. Hopefully, your feedback contributes towards a future version of Capture One.

Though we cannot comment on future releases and the features to be added, we recommend keeping an eye on this article - you can click Follow next to the title of the article to stay up to date with new features and improvements.

And thank you for this feedback on Capture One - we appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software.

I will close this ticket for now but feel free to reopen it if you need further assistance regarding this topic. 

Best Regards,

Sergi Salillas
Technical Support Agent

We encourage you to browse our Help Center and Learning Hub for detailed product documentation, helpful pro tips, and much more.

Want to learn about Capture One and interact in our regular Livestreams with David Grover? View the schedule and sign up here.

Jbren70692

Mar 2, 2023, 04:41 GMT+1 

Does capture one pro support live view on Leica sl3 or sl2s because I can't get it to recognize the camera and I have the boxes checked in preferences

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim B said:

It seems people are misguided. And I would like to help people from wasting their money spending hundreds of dollars, buying a product that doesn't work. I have owned the SL2 since it was released. It has not, and still does Not work with live view on Capture One on a Mac operating system. It doesn't even recognize the camera. However, It did seem to work with my sl2s model. Initially did not and after turning it on and off several times, it finally recognized the sl2s. It seems to work much better on Windows.

Here is the response from Capture One...

Mar 6, 2023, 16:15 GMT+1 

These cameras don't have support for Live View. 

I wrote a feature request for it. 

Best Regards,

Sergi Salillas
Technical Support Agent

Jbren70692

Mar 6, 2023, 15:23 GMT+1 

It seems to work with the Leica sl2s  but not the sl2 doesn’t recognize that camera

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, March 4, 2023, 8:03 AM, Capture One <support@captureone.zendesk.com> wrote:

Mar 3, 2023, 13:01 GMT+1 

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. The cameras you mentioned don't have support for live View, see here which models have it: 

Camera models and RAW files supported by Capture One

At the same time, I have forwarded your comments and suggestions to our Product Management team as something to consider in a future release. Hopefully, your feedback contributes towards a future version of Capture One.

Though we cannot comment on future releases and the features to be added, we recommend keeping an eye on this article - you can click Follow next to the title of the article to stay up to date with new features and improvements.

And thank you for this feedback on Capture One - we appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software.

Best Regards,

Sergi Salillas
Technical Support Agent

Jbren70692

Mar 2, 2023, 04:41 GMT+1 

Does capture one pro support live view on Leica sl3 or sl2s because I can't get it to recognize the camera and I have the boxes checked in preferences

Hi Jim. 

I don't really understand your logic here. You haven't listed anything about your system, what version of capture one you're running, what your firmware or anything is. 

Here is a screenshot from the Leica website showing an SL2 tethering with live view (you did say in a DM that they said "certain cameras", I don't know why they wouldn't make it work on the SL2, which i would imagine is their most popular pro body).

Here, also, is a photo of my computer running the SL2 in live view. 

Sure, I appreciate that you've had a conversation with Capture One who said it's not supported.. However, evidence demonstrates that it does, in fact work.. Despite the fact that you repeatedly tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.. I've supplied photos of it working, yet you say it doesn't work.. A few people have also chimed in to confirm that it does work. Perhaps when they say it's not supported they're just saying that they can't offer any support, not that it doesn't work (because it does). 

I am puzzled by your instistence that it doesn't work, and refusal to engage in any kind of discussion, do you actually want to make it work? Or do you just want to be "right" (you're not). While I don't need to prove myself to you, I believe that I am well qualified to make the statement that it does, in fact work. I'm a working professional who uses the software every day, and relies on it to make a living. I also work with some of the best digital operators in Australia. I've done the Phase One Certified Professional course. People at Leica even call me when they can't figure something out. 

Would be happy to film a short video tomorrow demonstrating the software working if you would like.

You don’t understand the logic? It’s simple… Capture One Pro versions from 2020 to 2023 has not “worked” for me as it doesn’t even recognize the camera SL 2 on a iMac Pro running the lastest Ventura. 

Capture One states it’s not supported.  That’s pretty simple to understand. If you don’t understand that maybe you should ask Capture One, maybe all the marketing is confusing models, or the employees. It’s a shame you can not call anyone at Capture one….

What camera are you using? On what version of Capture One and what operating system?

14 hours ago, Jim B said:

You don’t understand the logic? It’s simple… Capture One Pro versions from 2020 to 2023 has not “worked” for me as it doesn’t even recognize the camera SL 2 on a iMac Pro running the lastest Ventura. 

Capture One states it’s not supported.  That’s pretty simple to understand. If you don’t understand that maybe you should ask Capture One, maybe all the marketing is confusing models, or the employees. It’s a shame you can not call anyone at Capture one….

What camera are you using? On what version of Capture One and what operating system?

Here is a video of my sl2 tethering with Live View to Capture One 22. To make it work, i plugged it in and pressed the Live View button which I know how to do because i know what I am talking about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmk10ppu36zg1r0/Video 9-3-2023%2C 8 01 37 pm.mov?dl=0

i think the problem might be that maybe you aren’t very good at this stuff, that’s okay! You can just ask someone who is better at it to help. Learning is fun!

On 3/9/2023 at 3:10 AM, Kristofferpaulsen said:

Here is a video of my sl2 tethering with Live View to Capture One 22. To make it work, i plugged it in and pressed the Live View button which I know how to do because i know what I am talking about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmk10ppu36zg1r0/Video 9-3-2023%2C 8 01 37 pm.mov?dl=0

i think the problem might be that maybe you aren’t very good at this stuff, that’s okay! You can just ask someone who is better at it to help. Learning is fun!

Nice video.  Tell me more about that studio stand and the horizontal arm.  I need that in my life.  Thanks

I don't think the problem is Live video if he can't ever get a connection going to tether.

In the past capture one used to break canon connection on every update the MacOS would come out fresh, and a couple of weeks later Phase one would catch up on updating their software.

Another issue can be auto-start programs when you plug in a card or camera. it is recommended to open "Image Capture" and set it to none.

PTP is a given for USB tether, you can find it under USB-mode

5 hours ago, tangosix said:

Nice video.  Tell me more about that studio stand and the horizontal arm.  I need that in my life.  Thanks

Thanks! It lives at the studio I work out of. It’s a Cambo. Honestly I prefer the Foba units..

https://www.cambo.com/en/studio-products/ust-stands/

3 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I don't think the problem is Live video if he can't ever get a connection going to tether.

In the past capture one used to break canon connection on every update the MacOS would come out fresh, and a couple of weeks later Phase one would catch up on updating their software.

Another issue can be auto-start programs when you plug in a card or camera. it is recommended to open "Image Capture" and set it to none.

PTP is a given for USB tether, you can find it under USB-mode

I think he said he could tether.. just not live view. I think we’ve demonstrated that everyone else has gotten it working, and he’d rather huff and puff that “it’s not supported” rather than give the details of his set up.. he’s like a live view denier. Ha. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, John Holloway said:

I just downloaded Capture One 23 the trial version and can't get my SL2-S to tether.

I have usb mode set to PTP. Do I need to pay for Capture One to get it to work?

the trial version should work the same for 30 days.

When turning on PTP you should try restarting the camera to activate.

have only one card, or better none, and it will need to be formated before connecting.