'Firmware Update Failed' Crash on New M10-R

ChromeFinish

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, 

I've just sold an M10-R brand new and the camera appears to be bricked or incapable of being updated. I'm not too familiar with the system (Fuji user) and have found little commentary on this specific issue. Would anyone be so kind enough to point me in right the direction?

The complete events are found in the attachments.

Thanks

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Chrome Finish,  It is quite possible the incorrect M10-R firmware was being installed on the camera.  I highly recommend before you do anything else, you read the instructions for downloading and updating Leica M firmware.  This is from Red Dot Forum; i.e. Leica Store Miami.  This is the correct way to update the firmware and put it on the SD card.  Your SD card should be fine.  I highly recommend you first download SD Card Formatter app on your computer.  Then format the SD card there before proceeding to download and upload the lates M10-R firmware to the SD card.  The firmware must be placed in the root directory, not a subdirectory.  Here is the link for the instructions.  If this fails to correct the problem...the camera will need a trip to Leica NJ for correcting the issue.  This should help.  r/ Mark

Try:  https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2021/02/new-firmware-for-leica-m10-and-m240-gen-cameras/

PS  I suggest you call Leica Store Miami and ask to speak with Josh, he will help you with the firmware issue as well.

Edited by LeicaR10

Privoding an update now that I personally have the camera in-hand for anyone interested. Troubleshooting attempts have failed.

Used SD Card Formatter (both quick format and full format) with no success. Can't format the card in-camera due to menus being inaccessible. Looks like I'll have to get in touch with Leica come Monday.

Firmware files tested: M10-R-30.22.11.52-Customer.FW and M10-R-20.20.47.37-Customer.FW

SD cards used: Lexar 1667x UHS-II 32GB, Lexar 1667x UHS-II 128GB, Integral Ultima Pro X2 UHS-II 128GB

Edited by ChromeFinish

8 hours ago, ChromeFinish said:

Privoding an update now that I personally have the camera in-hand for anyone interested. Troubleshooting attempts have failed.

Used SD Card Formatter (both quick format and full format) with no success. Can't format the card in-camera due to menus being inaccessible. Looks like I'll have to get in touch with Leica come Monday.

Firmware files tested: M10-R-30.22.11.52-Customer.FW and M10-R-20.20.47.37-Customer.FW

SD cards used: Lexar 1667x UHS-II 32GB, Lexar 1667x UHS-II 128GB, Integral Ultima Pro X2 UHS-II 128GB

Sorry for the trouble, as much as i’d love to know what caused this but i doubt leica will tell a story anyway

good luck, hope it will sort out for you rather quickly