Faulty shots M8...HELP!

Frankton9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey everyone. I am in Galway, Ireland using a loaned m8 from my school for a documentary project since i was only able to check out the camera the day before i left i was unable to fully test it out. I updated the firmware and today as I was taking photos sometimes when i pressed review all that came up was a black screen with the image number, nothing else (i couldnt review any other pictures that i took before. I then turned it off for a short while and it began to work again.

Now as i was walking home i took a few shots, heard the shutter, saw the image but as i reviewed the camera they were no where to be found.

Has anyone experienced this before? is the camera at fault or should i try to re-up the firmware again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone. I am in Galway, Ireland using a loaned m8 from my school for a documentary project since i was only able to check out the camera the day before i left i was unable to fully test it out. I updated the firmware and today as I was taking photos sometimes when i pressed review all that came up was a black screen with the image number, nothing else (i couldnt review any other pictures that i took before. I then turned it off for a short while and it began to work again.

Now as i was walking home i took a few shots, heard the shutter, saw the image but as i reviewed the camera they were no where to be found.

Has anyone experienced this before? is the camera at fault or should i try to re-up the firmware again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you sure that the lens cap wasn't on? M8 is not a SLR camera ;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you take off the lens cap?

For poster above and ArtZ

This problem doesn't happen just because you leave the lens cap on. If you leave the lens cap on the camera will take a 32 second exposure and then another 32 second exposure to reduce noise and you would see a BLACK screen with instant review turned on. The OP stated that he saw the images just after taking the shots.

It is a problem with the SD card.

Did you take off the lens cap?

No, i shoot with my lens cap in my pocket. I can see the image right after i take it and when i review it a black screen comes up with the image number in the middle of a black frame.

An example.

i will shoot a few images and they will work fine. then i will shoot a few maybe ten minutes later which will not work-the black screen of doom appears. then maybe ten minutes after that i will shoot and those images will work. when i upload my sd card only the first and last set of images will appear.

I am waiting for my battery to charge and will head out soon with a new sd card to see what happens

• 16 years later...