Q2 Stuck In Video. Swipe Left/Right Does Not Work.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I seem to be stuck in video mode.

I watched every youtube video I could find.

The audio levels are always there on the main screen. Also a movie camera in parenthesis)

Swipe left/right does nothing on mine.

The button to the right of the screen moves the focus center on the screen and that's it. I saw some videos that said the middle button on the right should switch between video and photo and it does not.

How do I fix this?

Edited by heavymental

3 minutes ago, Le Chef said:

Did you setup video before using the camera for video? Page 57 in the instruction book. Pages 100 and 101 seem to show how to switch into and out of video. How is your LCD configured?

I dunno. This is why I asked for help I'm a dummy. Like I said I checked out page 100. Swipe left/right does not work for me.

Edited by heavymental

1 hour ago, heavymental said:

So does swipe left right not exist anymore or do I need to change something to get that back? 

is the video camera in parenthesis always at the top? 

What I suggested was the way I could find to switch between them, the swipe method did not work. I don’t use video that much to have wanted to investigate further

I have some sympathy. I used to put my Q into video mode without meaning to. God knows how I did it but it never happened at a convenient time. Eventually I made one of the users a sort of bog standard setting so I could always get back to that.

• 1 year later...

I know it's been a while for this thread but did not want to start a new.  I'm experiencing the exact same thing as the OP.  Even though it will take pictures when you select PHOTO, the menu and display settings remain in VIDEO mode.   Yes I've read the manual, have had the camera for over two years, have taken 10's of thousands of pictures and quite a few videos so I know how to switch back and forth.  And to speak to Anti's comments,  I used to have that  accidental switching to video as well.   For me I think it happened when the camera was on and strapped over my shoulder and screen would rub against my body.   Now that I'm aware happens much less and not sure but seems newer FW ( I am on 5) makes it happen less too.  Haven't tried a camera reset yet, that will probably fix it.  Have done at least 5 resets over the years to get this  camera out of a funk.   Just wondering if maybe I'm missing something. 

Edited by joarda

• 1 month later...

Even after reading the manual and all the recommendations here, my Q2 when video is accidentally activated cannot be stopped to move video even with all the swiping.

It sort of hangs. The only way is to turn off the camera and go to profile. There is no other way.

When i swipe to use the video its ok and swiping on the right will bring me back to photo. But when its accidentally activated it doesnt.

what seems to be the problem?

• 2 months later...