Question About Lens Detection

Solsticephoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In a recent shoot I was using a 28lux on my M10P and was disappointed by the performance of the lens.  In trying to diagnose my unhappiness I noted I had the camera manually set for a 35mm/2 lens.  When I look at the raw files in Lightroom they all show the correct lens -- 28lux.  Question is whether there is any in camera manipulation based on the in camera lens setting prior to saving the image.

34 minutes ago, Solsticephoto said:

In a recent shoot I was using a 28lux on my M10P and was disappointed by the performance of the lens.  In trying to diagnose my unhappiness I noted I had the camera manually set for a 35mm/2 lens.  When I look at the raw files in Lightroom they all show the correct lens -- 28lux.  Question is whether there is any in camera manipulation based on the in camera lens setting prior to saving the image.

Yes. There is. 

1 hour ago, Solsticephoto said:

Hi Solsticephoto,

there are some edge performance issues on a 28mm lens that are corrected in camera when the correct profile is selected. Which should have happened automatically with a Leica 28 lux as its 6 bit factory coded. Quick way to check is to review your 28lux photos in camera and look at which lens was selected 

Edited by Kwesi
added "on a 28mm lens"

1 hour ago, Kwesi said:

Hi Solsticephoto,

there are some edge performance issues on a 28mm lens that are corrected in camera when the correct profile is selected. Which should have happened automatically with a Leica 28 lux as its 6 bit factory coded. Quick way to check is to review your 28lux photos in camera and look at which lens was selected 

thanks -- I'll have to do some test.

Love your work and web site !

1 hour ago, Solsticephoto said:

thanks -- I'll have to do some test.

Love your work and web site !

Thanks!

It's  all shot on digital M Leica's. The current homepage image was made on Halloween with the M10 P and 50 Lux ASPH

12 hours ago, Solsticephoto said:

If I put a 6-bit coded lens on my M10 I only have the options "Off" or "Auto", I don't see how you can set the lens selection to anything else, unless you have a lens without coding in which case you can manually set it.

-Thomas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 minutes ago, trisberg said:

If I put a 6-bit coded lens on my M10 I only have the options "Off" or "Auto", I don't see how you can set the lens selection to anything else, unless you have a lens without coding in which case you can manually set it.

-Thomas

I confirmed the same in my testing.  I was switching back and forth from a 28lux and a zeiss 35/2 and thought the camera was stuck on the 35/2 setting but now cannot recreate the situation