Leica CL Paul Smith question

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What is the significance of the number xxx/900 on the flash mount? I guess it indicates the nth camera manufactured in the range 1 to 900 as part of the limited edition? Does this mean the smaller the number, the older the camera? 

Edited by aksclix

• aksclix changed the title to Leica CL Paul Smith question

Actually it would appear it is the edition number

https://www.paulsmith.com/uk/paul-smith-for-leica-leica-cl-paul-smith-edition?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7pKFBhDUARIsAFUoMDau-wkjS4WZdaXNEc9u1FJQwRP_nzKDt8s0CfR58iKC9VpxpYNRPKUaAv1zEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This limited edition of 900 is individually numbered.......although every Leica has an individual number!

Edited by earleygallery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Frankly I am slightly gobsmacked that someone would pay such a price for basically a workhorse APS camera tarted up on funny colours. 

I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable price in the used market which I did.. colors are like eye candy.. some people only focus on the Leica colors from the glass and sensors.. while some also like variation on the colors outside.. :D 

I am selling it off by the way and one of the buyers had asked me this question.. and I didn't know the significance of the edition number.. 

I found that even at ISO 800, 1600 the images had unacceptable amounts of noise for me.. I am never going to be happy with APSc with the gfx and sl2 I have.. 

vor 19 Stunden schrieb jaapv:

Frankly I am slightly gobsmacked that someone would pay such a price for basically a workhorse APS camera tarted up on funny colours. 

You do want to make your everyday workhorse a bit fun to handle and behold, no? It's the only CL edition I like, and it has the added benefit that both black and silver lenses look good on the blue body. I put on a black Haoge grip which doesn't spoil the appearance, either, and makes it so much better to hold and handle.