Capture One & Leica......?

dathinc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

🙁 As a now SL2 shooter that came from Fuji gfx50s where there was also a handshake issue between the two at first. I wanted you all to weigh in on why Capture one does not offer live/view tethered support. Why is this capability so challenging? The work around sucks  (hot folder crap) to satisfy this need. Maybe there is something I’m missing hints me reaching out to you all. Executives inot agreeing? Who pays who in such a situation? What’s the deal??? 

• Like 1

Those who have not tried C1P, I would recommend downloading a trial. At least on a Mac, C1P has much better color profiles than Adobe Lightroom (tested on a GretagMacBeth color checker card) and adjustment layers/masks are much more stable in C1P than in Lightroom (where those little dots sometimes disappear and one cannot edit or change parameters in a mask, despite "always show" enabled). Version 21 has a pro profile added for the SL2 and tethering as well as some other features (keystroke commands, etc.). There are some "features" in V21 which may not be in the final version as a few were removed in the most recent trial.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by isleofgough
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Both Leica and Capture One ask beta testers to sign an NDA not to share their experience except with the respective companies.  But the C1 release 21 beta has been going on for quite a while, and several of the features have been teased to the public, including tethering and new profiles for SL2 and S3.  As is pointed out above, not all features in a beta may get announced, and some things may show up (soon) in C1 release 21 that were not available to the beta testers.

On 12/1/2020 at 3:22 PM, scott kirkpatrick said:

Both Leica and Capture One ask beta testers to sign an NDA not to share their experience except with the respective companies.  But the C1 release 21 beta has been going on for quite a while, and several of the features have been teased to the public, including tethering and new profiles for SL2 and S3.  As is pointed out above, not all features in a beta may get announced, and some things may show up (soon) in C1 release 21 that were not available to the beta testers.

Brian I sent you a email to your business email / .edu long ago because I could DM YOU HERE. Thanks again. You are like my favorite leica forum person 🙏🏾 to read there input. Where to register/signup for BETA PROGRAM? I've been a user for years now and not hip to how and or where to request beta testers privledge. Anyone in here I could ask? I create a request/comment in there forum but it had been open a fee days with no comment and the Google search for beta test links seems to all be broken or associated with older releases.

On 12/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, isleofgough said:

Those who have not tried C1P, I would recommend downloading a trial. At least on a Mac, C1P has much better color profiles than Adobe Lightroom (tested on a GretagMacBeth color checker card) and adjustment layers/masks are much more stable in C1P than in Lightroom (where those little dots sometimes disappear and one cannot edit or change parameters in a mask, despite "always show" enabled). Version 21 has a pro profile added for the SL2 and tethering as well as some other features (keystroke commands, etc.). There are some "features" in V21 which may not be in the final version as a few were removed in the most recent trial.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

How to sign up as a beta tester if you already subscribe to capture one monthly....for year's now lol I guess I've been in the dark....HELP ME try :-) where to go? @captureone

On 12/1/2020 at 9:25 AM, albireo_double said:

And working quite well. Try to register for the Beta version. 

How?!? Where?!? I've subscribed and used for several years now but not hip as to where to find the link to request beta testing capabilities....thanksin advance for the link/guidance to get Into the program:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dathinc:

How?!? Where?!? I've subscribed and used for several years now but not hip as to where to find the link to request beta testing capabilities....thanksin advance for the link/guidance to get Into the program:

When I visit www.captureone.com and login into my account I see a button 'Capture One Beta'. 

Edited by Ingo

Once you subscribe, rather than purchase annual upgrades,  you may not have occasion to visit the product's website.  But after login there should be six squares (links).  If the right hand one in the second row is missing, or doesn't say "beta test", send an email to the support team.  Downloading a beta requires that you acknowledge reading a document that explains how long the beta lasts,  how to report bugs during the beta, and requires confidentiality.  If you scroll through the document and at the bottom agree to its terms, you should now be a beta tester.  But you are under NDA.

4 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Once you subscribe, rather than purchase annual upgrades,  you may not have occasion to visit the product's website.  But after login there should be six squares (links).  If the right hand one in the second row is missing, or doesn't say "beta test", send an email to the support team.  Downloading a beta requires that you acknowledge reading a document that explains how long the beta lasts,  how to report bugs during the beta, and requires confidentiality.  If you scroll through the document and at the bottom agree to its terms, you should now be a beta tester.  But you are under NDA.

Thanks Scott thats the care email sent

10 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I've been using Capture One with my M10-R.

Scott do you know the typical turn around on a reply after you submit a request or is a there a hidden direct email address? I mad a post a few days ago. No one has said anything/commented on it yet.

2 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I don't have a clear picture of what you are trying to do.  You want to try the beta for version 21, right?  When you log into the Captureone.com site, do you see the beta download box?  If you see that box, and click on it, what happens?

It takes me to download the new version available.  That box like you said that would say BETA is missing as a option

OK, then did you explain what you want to the customer support email address?  I would expect an answer in a day or two.  You can also send a DM to @Leon_B. one of te hosts for this forum, and ask him to send your name over to Capture One.  Again, tell him what you want to try out and what equipment and software you are using..