Newbie Question - Forum Rules

dimfinder

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would like to know if it is allowed to post photos taken with non-Leica gear. I like the photography created by the members of this forum and aspire to develop my own style in this direction. It would be helpful if I could get feedback in this forum. However, I cannot afford Leica gear and currently shoot with Canon.

Whatever the answer, thanks for the great photography.

Ignacio

It should be either Leica camera or Leica lens or both. However Panasonic cameras that carry Leica marked lenses are OK, and very affordable. I've got one as a back-up to my Nikon gear and it gives me the opportunity to post on this forum.

DD

"I cannot afford Leica gear and currently shoot with Canon"

Just to ask, do you mean Canon RF equipment? If you can afford that, you can certainly afford Leica. My Collapsible Summicron with near perfect glass, Elmar, Summaron, Summitar, Summarit, 13.5/4.5 Hektor and others were no more expensive that a Canon 50/1.4 and less than a Canon 50/1.5.

I will have no trouble following the rules, I'll make sure their's a Leitz lens or Body. Even if it's a Leica lens mounted on a Nikon SP.

Pleased that you like our Forum, hopefully it will soon persuade you to join us by using Leica bodies or lenses. By the way, as far as I know there is no adaptor to fit Leica R lenses to Nikon SLR bodies.

You will only really get the full benefit of the forum by sharing the "niceties" of Leica or associated (Panasonic) products and if it is your intention for whatever reason to stay with your Nikon, you may get more out of a Nikon users forum such as "Nikonians".

Whichever, good luck with your photography!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

> By the way, as far as I know there is no adaptor to fit Leica R lenses to Nikon SLR bodies.

Nor is there an easily available adapter to fit a Leica Summicron to a Nikon Rangefinder. I'm going to make one from a DMUOO bellows adapter for the Summicron lens head and a lens mount from a Contax Mount lens.