Leica Q: not turning on, with logo flashing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there! I've had my Leica Q for a couple months now. I took it out a couple weeks ago and have had lovely photos and was able to upload them and everything. Since then, it was sitting in my house on the table. However, I've was taking it out for some new photos and, when turning on with a full and fresh battery, when I turn it on, the Leica logo flashes after 3 seconds, then it disappears. Then, nothing happens. It's not actually turned on, and I can't see anything from the viewfinder.

I haven't bumped it into anything, haven't taken it out, haven't dropped it. I can't figure out why this is happening, and haven't been able to find any hints or similar problems on the internet thus far, so I'm here :)

Anyone have any tips or help that could point me in the direction to...getting it to work all correctly/normally? It'd be much appreciated!

If that does not work, try reloading the firmware. Probably a good idea to make sure your Q has the latest revision of code anyway. 

Try this one: http://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/154868/2904335/version/1/file/Q116_31_.quf

It's listed on this page: http://us.leica-camera.com/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=124335&subcategory=124336&type=108942&language=93871

Edited by iQ2

• 9 months later...

I’ve had this with my CL. Try cleaning the contacts of the SD card as they may be dirty. Check there’s nothing in the SD card slot. Try another SD card and see if that works. If not then remove battery and make sure it’s fully charged before going back in. Try the second SD card again. If it fails you may have another issue that requires a trip to Leicaland.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2019 at 3:30 AM, elnatnal said:

Hi there! I've had my Leica Q for a couple months now. I took it out a couple weeks ago and have had lovely photos and was able to upload them and everything. Since then, it was sitting in my house on the table. However, I've was taking it out for some new photos and, when turning on with a full and fresh battery, when I turn it on, the Leica logo flashes after 3 seconds, then it disappears. Then, nothing happens. It's not actually turned on, and I can't see anything from the viewfinder.

I haven't bumped it into anything, haven't taken it out, haven't dropped it. I can't figure out why this is happening, and haven't been able to find any hints or similar problems on the internet thus far, so I'm here :)

Anyone have any tips or help that could point me in the direction to...getting it to work all correctly/normally? It'd be much appreciated!

i got same issue, the camera suddenly got issue :(  any ideas so fix it :(

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just experienced the same issue with my Leica Q.  It was working perfectly the last time I used it.  This time, I turned it on and nothing happened.  Swapped batteries and SD cards.  I would get either the flashing red Leica logo on my back screen, or nothing at all.  This is pretty shocking since the camera has never been dropped and has been well taken care of.