Hard and Fast.

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you for making the time to view my picture and your comments are welcome.

Pete.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SL with 50/1.4 Retro Summilux-M asph

• Like 9

10 hours ago, fotografr said:

Lovely use of light and an excellent conversion.  What's your process for converting?

Hi Brent,

Typically, DNG into Adobe Camera Raw where I adjust colour balance, exposure levels, shadows, and de-noise and input sharpen if needed.  Then into PSCS6 where I straighten and crop, into LAB colour space for contrast adjustments, taming colours that are a little rowdy, dodging, burning, and sharpening to suit then back to RGB for targetted sharpening and saving or conversely into Silver Effects Pro 2 for black and white conversion and further noise reduction (Dfine2) where heavy unwanted noise is evident.  It's never the same for each picture but that's my general strategy behind my workflow.

Pete.

Ah, that's the imponderable, Adam; she was a stranger.  Perhaps she thought I smelt or she was late to sing an aria at the Royal Opera House or was testing new shoes or was trying to beat her best time down the stairs or ... 🤔😄

Pete.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, farnz said:

Ah, that's the imponderable, Adam; she was a stranger.  Perhaps she thought I smelt or she was late to sing an aria at the Royal Opera House or was testing new shoes or was trying to beat her best time down the stairs or ... 🤔😄

Pete.

...Or inspired by your impeccable knowledge of Guiness foam and was off to buy a pint!! 

• Haha 1