From DSLR and new to M10, I caught the bug

John Miranda

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having enjoyed photography for 20 years, mostly with SLR/DSLR cameras, and a bit with large format, I wanted to slow down and simplify my approach from the latest DSLR model.

One week into my first rangefinder, the M10, I am really enjoying the experience, the minimalist design and feature set, the classic feel, very happy with the image quality from Leica lenses 35mm f2.4, and the 21mm f3.5 - on the latter lens especially, upon opening my first image on a pc, was wow, what a lens!), and the compactness compared to a DSLR.  

I really appreciate the quality and capabilities of my Nikon D850 and its 46MP, but I already know that  I am going to have a lot of fun learning from the M10.  I feel like a kid again, and cant wait to take some trips and engage creatively with the M10.

Look forward to being part of the community and hope to upload an occasional worthy picture or two onto the forum.

Best to all,

John

www.johnmiranda.com

• Like 3

Welcome!  I ended up here the same way.  Funny how people here say a lens like a 50mm noctilux is heavy.  For me heavy was carrying 15lbs of DSLR, lenses and other gear all day long, every day!

For sure the M has limitations, but it is truly amazing and after 1.5 years I still adore mine and don't have any reason to go back to DSLRs unless I go on Safari

On 1/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, John Miranda said:

Having enjoyed photography for 20 years, mostly with SLR/DSLR cameras, and a bit with large format, I wanted to slow down and simplify my approach from the latest DSLR model.

One week into my first rangefinder, the M10, I am really enjoying the experience, the minimalist design and feature set, the classic feel, very happy with the image quality from Leica lenses 35mm f2.4, and the 21mm f3.5 - on the latter lens especially, upon opening my first image on a pc, was wow, what a lens!), and the compactness compared to a DSLR.  

I really appreciate the quality and capabilities of my Nikon D850 and its 46MP, but I already know that  I am going to have a lot of fun learning from the M10.  I feel like a kid again, and cant wait to take some trips and engage creatively with the M10.

Look forward to being part of the community and hope to upload an occasional worthy picture or two onto the forum.

Best to all,

John

www.johnmiranda.com

Welcome to the club. I purchased my M10, my first Leica, about 15 months ago. After re-learning how to focus quickly, which took a few weeks, I'm very happy with the system.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Thank you all, the weekend hit, and I finally had a chance to take the M10 for a ride, visiting Mission San Xavier south of Tucson, Arizona.  Really enjoyed my first M10 outing.

Best,

John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree.  I have not upgraded my DSLR since the original 12MP 5D, mine still work fine and are sufficient for the limited type of shooting I do with the cumbersome kit.   Meanwhile I've been through Epson RD1 -> M8 -> M9 -> M240 (which thus far nothing Leica's got compels me to upgrade to).   I've been shooting happily with Leica rangefinders for over 50 years.   As for mirrorless though, there are lots of nice ones that can take M lenses and cost a fraction of the CL.   My backup is a NEX6, but there are newer/better ones now.