Better Service Coming From New Jersey

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Perhaps this is old news, but I haven't seen it posted yet. I've been going through a rough patch with a repair for a few weeks but this announcement may signal better days ahead. It is most welcome news.

"We are excited to announce Leica Camera Inc. is moving!  Effective August 1, 2022, our new address will be:

Leica Camera Inc.

500 Frank W. Burr Blvd

5th Floor

Teaneck, NJ 07666

As a result, this will cause a temporary delay in the repair process.  We will not be receiving or performing repairs from July 1, 2022 – August 1, 2022.  We thank you for your patience and understanding.  We look forward to meeting all of your repair needs from our new state-of-the-art facility."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just like to share my shipping experience and advise you all to use either FedEx or UPS to send your package to Leica NJ.

I sent my S 007 by the USPS and the "warehouse" was not signing the package twice Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available) is the same message twice I got from the tracking info. I also called the Teaneck postal office, but no one answering my phone. I probably need to wait for my package returning to me if no one picks it up by 08/20 at the post office, and then send the package again by FedEx.

Also, Leica is located at Suite 570 of this big building complex. Please call Leica NJ to discuss what is the best way to send your package, and I do not recommend using USPS due to its working relationship with the warehouse receiving staff.

Edited by steve.chang

This is the explanation I received from Leica NJ regarding the delivery situation:
"Yes, Fed-Ex, UPS and USPS all deliver to us. Your package must have been delivered after we closed since that is the note that was left from USPS. The warehouse is open early and he leaves at 3:00. So early delivery is best."

Leica NJ people are very nice via my past experiences. Don't get me wrong.

But this delivery limbo is not helping the customers' experience associated with this Leica location. 

Edited by steve.chang

• 1 year later...

The service I received from Leica Repair NJ and Leica DC Store was superb. Three individuals provided standout service beyond the call of duty:
(i) Werner Paul of the Leica DC Store (from whom I purchased my Leica MP in 2021) who checked out the camera thoroughly before repair service, recommended sending it for repair (very stiff film rewinding) before the imminent expiry of the 3-year warranty, again checked out the camera thoroughly after repair service, and tested its functioning upon inserting film;
(ii) Brian Roy of Leica Repair in New Jersey who explained the repair problem to me in detail, responded to my many questions as well as anxious emails and phone calls regarding the welfare of my *only* camera, went out of his way to obtain an out-of-stock part needed for the repair, worked with the Leica MP technician and a senior technician to ensure that the repair was perfect (in response to my request to do so), ensured that I received the camera in time to take it with me on an imminent India trip, and contacted me a few days later to inquire about how the camera was functioning; and (iii) Kathy Carbone of Leica Repair in NJ who answered my many messages and phone calls and constantly kept me updated on the repair status of the camera.
Werner Paul and Brian Roy are wonderful assets to Leica, and Leica is fortunate to have them. Kathy Carbone, too, is an asset to Leica customer care. Thank you.

• Like 1