M10D + Fotos question

xiaubauu2009

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just got myself a M10D. A few question regarding its operation and fotos apps.

1. Is there any other way to format the SD card from the camera body or it's either a fotos apps affair/PC thingy?

2. Auto bracketing - in the fotos, you can select drive mode, but does it allow setting for brackets? 

3. Actually same as question 2... the interval shooting function, how do I adjust its functionality? There seems to be no selection at all.

4. what is that button on the top on the right hand side of the shutter release? It said function button, and list out a series of functionality such as sensor cleaning etc. Does it only appear in the Visoflex?

Thank you in advance for any information. I only have had the camera for about 3 hours and I can't seem to find these information.

Seems to me to get full functionality you need a visofelx III

1.  Not at present.  Fotos on Android or iOS will do the complete format.  Or format the SD card in your PC, which clears it.  Then put it in the M10-D (or M-D) and switch the camera on.  The camera will create the directory structure needed, including preserving file numbering, along either path

2 and 3:  In Fotos you can see a full drive menu, and selecting one of these sets the M10-D appropriately so that you can use the M10-D in that dive mode, but so far only with whatever are default parameters.  I would hope that it will be possible to go deeper to set a submenu entry from Foos, but that isn't possible yet (1.1.3 for iOS and 1.1.7 for Android.).  Optimists are hoping to see a Fotos 1.2 soon with some of these enhancements, bugs fixed and slow things (like WiFi startup) made faster.  Incidentally, changing drive mode affects the camera without changing the effect of pushing the shutter button in Fotos Remote mode (bug).

4.I don't think the function button (on top) has any role in Fotos operation at present, since that is supposed to not require you to handle the camera. But you never know what they may come up with.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

2 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

1.  Not at present.  Fotos on Android or iOS will do the complete format.  Or format the SD card in your PC, which clears it.  Then put it in the M10-D (or M-D) and switch the camera on.  The camera will create the directory structure needed, including preserving file numbering, along either path

2 and 3:  In Fotos you can see a full drive menu, and selecting one of these sets the M10-D appropriately so that you can use the M10-D in that dive mode, but so far only with whatever are default parameters.  I would hope that it will be possible to go deeper to set a submenu entry from Foos, but that isn't possible yet (1.1.3 for iOS and 1.1.7 for Android.).  Optimists are hoping to see a Fotos 1.2 soon with some of these enhancements, bugs fixed and slow things (like WiFi startup) made faster.  Incidentally, changing drive mode affects the camera without changing the effect of pushing the shutter button in Fotos Remote mode (bug).

4.I don't think the function button (on top) has any role in Fotos operation at present, since that is supposed to not require you to handle the camera. But you never know what they may come up with.

Thank you for the prompt response. I think it’s all ok as it sounded like all is just a software control issue. Leica only need to add in these function in future fotos version. 

Well. Bought a visoflex. Put on the camera and press and hold the fn button for more than 12 sec  but nothing happen in the visoflex. I tried in on 2 other m10d at shop to see if it’s my problem. But they seem to be the same, ie nothing happen after long press. I can’t seem to get into setting menu.

does anyone know how to do it?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/27/2019 at 10:07 AM, xiaubauu2009 said:

Well. Bought a visoflex. Put on the camera and press and hold the fn button for more than 12 sec  but nothing happen in the visoflex. I tried in on 2 other m10d at shop to see if it’s my problem. But they seem to be the same, ie nothing happen after long press. I can’t seem to get into setting menu.

does anyone know how to do it?

Sorry, I missed your question.  The quick start guide explains how to set the date and time the first time.  The numbers that you need to set appear in the optical viewfinder, one or two at a time.  12 sec press starts the process.  after you set each number, give a short press to save it and move to the next.  When done, a 12 sec press saves all the information.  If you use FOTOS, in "settings" you can set the camera to take the date and time information from your phone through Fotos instead of doing all this.  The visoflex is not involved in date and time setting.  (The Visoflex has some gps support, but I haven't tried to see if it can be used for date and time updates.)