Question RE: M246 DNG Files and Silver FX Pro

Gregm61

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I utilize DXO Pro Lab for processing files with my Micro Four-Thirds (Olympus) system and recently purchased the NIK Collection from DXO, which includes the Silver FX Pro plugin and have played with it using converted DNG files from the M246 on opening from Adobe camera raw in Photoshop.

Shouldn't it also work with converted M246 files in Photoshop? Converted files open in Photoshop from ACR and I usually can then go to the plugins and continue working but the NIK option is greyed out and unavailable when I try to utilize them with converted M246 files. I see comments from those who utilize this plugin with M246 files and realize most are using plugins from before DXO's purchase of the NIK collection. Am I missing something that changed with these filters with the DXO purchase?

Just opened a M246 DNG from LR to edit in PS CC 2018. Colorspace was ProphotoRGB. Opened NIK SEfex and

rendered without difficulty.

Next I opened the M246 DNG directly in PS CC 2018 ... ACR opened it as Grey Gamma 2.2 Colorspace ... NIK was greyed out.

Converted to ProPhotoRGB in PS CC 2018 and I could then open NIK.

Assume that the Colorspace does have to be some form of RGB space for NIK to open.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Make sure you convert it to an RGB file.  See above discussion.  

Image>Mode>RGB Color

I have found it is best to make a Duplicate Layer (I call it SEFx) after color conversion but before opening the SEFx filter.  Then you can make all your SEFx adjustments and save it.  

Before you save the file, convert back to grayscale to reduce file size.

• Like 1

You do not need to go to the trouble of changing the colour space for each image:

In the ACR preferences make the settings camera-specific. When you open a DNG file in ACR, click the underscored link ("Untitled-1,4000 by 6000,Greyscale1" or something like that) underneath the image. Change the setting to 16 bits, AdobeRGB. If you have done this once, ACR will remember the setting for that camera.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...