Zeiss 15mm coding

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know this has been taken up here before but I can't find the thread. I sent my bayonet for the Zeiss 15mm to John Milich to mill the coding slots. I painted the slots the corresponding black and white colors that refer to the WATE. Nothing happens when I mount it on my M8. The Usual lens detection Tri-Elmar +UV/IR along with selection for 16-18-21 doesn't appear when the lens is mounted. Even if I manually activate Lens recognition to on, 16mm setting. The lens focal length does not show up on the picture info. I've painted even the screw white but still no luck.

I've done the same thing with John's LT-M8 for my CV12mm and the data shows up on the picture info as 16mm. The start up menu for the WATE appears when the lens is mounted. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Herb

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone over the threads on the Zeiss 15 f2.8. Sean Reid mentioned that you have to manually activate the 28mm/90mm frameline then switch on the camera. If this is done and the Lens detection is set to on + UV/IR, the Tri Elmar Menu shows up then you can select the 16mm setting.

Problem is when I take a picture, the focal length shows up as 21mm not 16mm as set on the menu. Anyone have this situation? Any ideas on what could be going on?

I read in one of the threads here that it is possible to have Zeiss change the lens mount so that the 28/90 framelines can be activated automatically. Can anyone confirm whether the information is accurate and which Zeiss mount will automatically call up the 28/90 frameline on the M8.

Herb

Simply, you have to order the lens mount from Zeiss for thier ZM 28/2.8 lens. This way, when you code (at John's) and mount this adapter instead the one you have at the moment you will not these problems. To verify: what ever (lens 6 bit) code you chose, you have to have eqiuvalent lens mount for proper frame lines. This way, camera won't be "confused"...

;)

Will the 486 ir filters work on this lens along with the new 1.107 firmware? Has anyone shot with this configuration before? Someone mentioned to forget the filters for color work and just use corner fix. I would prefer to just shoot a correct image without having to do more computer work.

Herb