Help! No one can fix my Leica M6 TTL light meter (not even Leica)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/7/2021 at 5:12 PM, newtoleica said:

Similar boat with my Olympus OM4ti and 3Ti gear, though a little less ££ in the game. If a circuit board fails, that's it. Just don't worry and enjoy.

The OM4Ti (have one myself incidentally) and 3Ti are different because they will totally cease to function without the circuit board. Whereas the M6TTL will be fine unless you rely on flash-sync (which most people never use).

Happily to be corrected about the OM btw - but I've found that the mirror locks even when the batteries are low, which was a major pain until I got in the habit of always having spares in my pocket while using the camera.

PS: and also yet another reason not to jump on the Xpan wagon at this late stage, as that camera is also bricked by circuit-board failure.

Edited by plasticman

I don't have Olympus OM3Ti, only OM4Ti to use their OM lenses (now happy on M with adaptors).

I think that OM3Ti has mechanical shutter, so when no batteries or electronic fail, no meter but always usable in manual with all speed.

OM4Ti would be usable only with "B" or 1/60 in same situation.

Leica R6 or R6-2  about same behavior as OM3.

17 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

I don't have Olympus OM3Ti, only OM4Ti to use their OM lenses (now happy on M with adaptors).

I think that OM3Ti has mechanical shutter, so when no batteries or electronic fail, no meter but always usable in manual with all speed.

OM4Ti would be usable only with "B" or 1/60 in same situation.

That's an interesting use of OM lenses 😃 

The reason I traded an OM1 (which works fine without batteries or any other electronics) for the OM4Ti was to get the multispot metering (which works flawlessly). Really great camera, but for me would be useless at only 1/60.