TheGodParticle

M10 - the Image Thread

I experimented a bit on the processing of this image:Ā I started with B&W conversion in Lightroom; then tried Silver Efex and then a B&WĀ preset from theĀ M-Looks Pro preset package that I wrote aboutĀ in this LUF post. It was the first time that I found that I could get a result that I liked better than what I got fromĀ Silver Efex. Then, I thought I would try the Color Efex B&W Filter, which I hadĀ used for one high-contrast landscape that I liked a lot: that gave the resultĀ that I used. Actually, it required the least processing: no selecting burning or dodging in LR afterwards.

M10 | Summilux 35-FLE | ISO 200 | f/1.4 | 1/180 sec

Kill me, but I like this picture. (Chiang Mai, wash stand at entrance to a to the grounds of a large,Ā private pavilion that is 50m away on a small lake.)

M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/2 | 1/750 sec

Edited by Nowhereman

On 2/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Chaemono said:

Looks like a tough choice.Ā šŸ˜

Right.Ā  The words on the poster say "Netanyahu -- in a different league!"

Am 10.2.2019 um 23:07 schrieb Nowhereman:

Kill me, but I like this picture. (Chiang Mai, wash stand at entrance to a to the grounds of a large,Ā private pavilion that is 50m away on a small lake.)

M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/2 | 1/750 sec

Itā€™s a beautiful picture.Ā 

L1000161 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L1000135 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

L1000148 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

all M10-D with M24/2.8 asph

Sometimes I get an impression that someĀ landscape shots are disguised lens tests. That's what I thought about when I processed this one, using one the the presets in the Leica M-Look Pro package. So, is this anything but a lens test? The lens is one of my favorites, the DR Summicron.

M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/11 | 1/250 sec | Chiang Mai

Edited by Nowhereman

Seems like the forum uploader is not working properly. I give up.

Moderator, please delete these two posts, and I'll try again when the upload facility is working properly.

Had a little welcome sunshine in the garden this morning, was nice toĀ catch this little buzzy action too. Ā M10 Ā 50 Lux

Edited by Boojay

Sometimes I get an impression that some landscape shots are disguised lens tests. That's what I thought about when I processed this one, using one the the presets in the Leica M-Look Pro package. So, is this anything but a lens test? The lens is one of my favorites, the DR Summicron. (Of course, this JPG doesn't show the resolution one sees in Lightroom.) There is a B&W version of this shot here.

M10 | DR Summicron 50 | ISO 200 | f/11 | 1/250 sec | Chiang Mai

Edited by Nowhereman

Once the biggest herring factory in Europe - the old factory in Hjalteyri today stands abandoned and reminds us of its former glory. A must place to go if you are in Iceland, especially if you are a photo enthusiast.Ā 

M10 - 35mm Summilux FLE