AUSTRALASIAN ONE CHALLENGE - Advance Notice

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...doing part of the great ocean route if you're interested...

Trust you both had a great Christmas and wish you all the very best for the New Year.

Cheers, Tom 

Thanks Tom, we are interested! For now we're just working out some logistics on what we can fit in (like finding crocs), so I'm not entirely sure. A Christmas gift from my parents was a guide book on the area for planning and we have some friends in Australia, but it is too big of a place to see many of them. Let's catch up when you're back from Africa.

Phil,

Welcome to Melbourne and to the future Challenge. It is a lot of fun meeting up with international counterparts, both socially and competitively. Keep an eye on this thread as new and updated info will appear as it develops. There are a number of planned events for the days leading up to the competition for the benefit of early arrivees, and some following the comp for those deciding to 'hang around'. I will be declaring details shortly, once the Xmas and New Year breaks are out of the way, and I organize my thinking. :)

• Like 6

At least I have advanced notice - I am sorry folks, but I will not make it to Brisbane-One-Challenge. I have family commitments. 

:(  :angry:  :(  :angry:

Mind you, after my showing in Lisbon, you are not losing much competition! 

At least I have advanced notice - I am sorry folks, but I will not make it to Brisbane-One-Challenge. I have family commitments. 

:(  :angry:  :(  :angry:

Mind you, after my showing in Lisbon, you are not losing much competition! 

Ravi, don't worry about the Brisbane One Challenge, just come to the one in Melbourne! :D

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Running update FYI

Current acceptances are as follows:

erl

markP

StS

Dan Bachmann

FlashGordon Photography

Hardster

Hoppyman

david strachan

Farnz

PeterGA

adespen

PIG882009

jbelmuda

digger1914

lanetomlane

baci

christoph_d

stray cat

with satijntji as tentative.

Of course, there are a number of partners/wives/husbands/children to be taken as included and welcome in the above list.

Thank you to those positive responses and I encourage others to join us, if and as you can.

• Like 5

Sorry John;

Regret to let you know that the status for me has to be changed from tentative to a no.

Too much work going on during that period.

In 2019 when I will be retired I have more time, but now, I simply cannot take 2 weeks off.

Have fun, and I will keep an eye open here in this thead!

John

• Like 2

Last year was so busy I only just spotted this post at the bottom of the forum page! Usually the southern hemisphere misses out, so what a great idea! Would love to come -- I'm penciling in the date and will check out trans-Tasman airfares.

Note to anyone from further afield considering adding in New Zealand as part of a trip, I'm happy to offer any suggestions.

It's been far too long since I visited Melbourne. A lovely city with a historic vibrant heart. Free trams! So easy to get around. For scenic excursions, I recall the Great Ocean Road and Puffing Bill in the Dandenongs (also a wild life park and a winery). I also recall four seasons in one day!  ;)

From Europe, Emirates indeed flies direct via Dubai, but also consider Singapore Airlines or Lufthansa with a stopover in Singapore. I can really recommend flying premium economy. It's well worthwhile.

• Like 6

David and Digby, it will be great to have you aboard. The numbers are growing nicely. Feel free to pass the info to any other Forum members that may be within your scope.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

The proposed visit to Camera Clinic is tentatively set for Friday 7, 2017 in the morning. It will start with a 10min tram ride from the CBD followed by a two block walk to CC. I think this will accommodate all who wish to participate. I will be considering a suitable lunch venue in the Collingwood area, where CC is located.

Ryan Williams, Head of Leica Australia, has indicated a keen willingness to be involved. More details closer to the date but it is bound to be good.

Here is a link to the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) which will have several photography exhibitions running during the time that we are holding our Challenge.

http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/exhibition/ngv-festival-of-photography/

The NGV is one of my favourite haunts for making good pics, but their exhibition will be well worth a veiwing during your stay. I will be available for guidance for any of that.

I have heard indirectly that Peter Michael of Michael's Camera Store is interested in our competition. I will shortly make contact with him and see if he can offer anything special for us. His Camera Museum will be a must for some of you and there is always a photography exhibition running there.

• Like 11

Running update FYI

Current acceptances are as follows:

erl

markP

StS

Dan Bachmann

FlashGordon Photography

Hardster

Hoppyman

david strachan

Farnz

PeterGA

adespen

PIG882009

jbelmuda

digger1914

lanetomlane

baci

christoph_d

stray cat

with satijntji as tentative.

Of course, there are a number of partners/wives/husbands/children to be taken as included and welcome in the above list.

Thank you to those positive responses and I encourage others to join us, if and as you can.

Hi John, you appear to have missed us (Tom & Eileen) out.

Cheers, Tom

Sorry, read it again we are there ..... another senior moment.

Edited by lanetomlane
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear, that you can't join, Ravi and John. I have to agree with John, though, that this takes out some serious competition.

Thinking about being in the same age group, I'd better check I didn't book to Melbourne, Florida ;)

Stefan

• Like 3

Challenge is on the 8th, and whilst not locked down, the CC visit will probably only vary according to the time of day. I will hold it at the 7th because of flight arr. of participants.

A visit to Michael's Camera Store Museum is planned for some time, but that is a permanent exhibition and can be visited anytime. Also, the NGV will have some interesting photo exhibitions running as well, for some time (see my post #93).

• Like 4