AUSTRALASIAN ONE CHALLENGE - Advance Notice

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's an ill wind that blows nobody good!

I just managed (in a sort of fashion with broken wrist) to drive to Camera Clinic this morning to deposit my beautiful minty Hasselblad 203FE for repair. It suffered along with me in the accident.Laurie Rogers is one of the few techies (in Oz) able to work on these cameras, and he still may have to send it off elsewhere if he is not confident to do all the work. I trust him.

However, to the point, I was chatting with Nicki (his daughter and office manager) and discussed that we Leicaphiles have a guided tour and demo of their workshop to see how complex adjusting Leica lenses and bodies, especially RF's is. Camera Clinic is Australia's only authorized Leica repair centre and have done calibration on lenses for me that the factory repeated failed to get right. The discussion is only just mooted but I think it will be a great add on to everyone's visit. I have other points of interest to present, but slowly does it.

Just remember, you will miss so much if you don't come and join us. :)

• Like 8

What do I need to do to sign up?

Just turn up on the day, with some Leica gear to use. Watch this space for where to meet (not yet decided) in Melbourne. There will be more discussion as the date draws near and participants declare there arrival dates and times. Internationals will usually arrive days in advance (of the competition) and we informally agree to to shoot the town, eat and drink, and of course visit locations of interest. All that will be posted here as time draws near.

If you have specific questions, post them here. Answers will abound.

Put me down as a tentative. Work travel plans could scupper everything ... or give me business tickets. 

PS - a work trip or two are planned for Sydney next year, I just dont know when. 

If you give us some notice for Sydney you could get to gather with some of us here regardless.

20107 is an awful long way off, erl ;):D

OK! So I've been sprung.

Truth is, I don't do numbers. So much so that I've even got the T-Shirt! :rolleyes:

Courtesy of an informed friend.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Surprising none of your Kiwi neighbours have picked up on this event and offered to come over? Maybe they need a direct hint as they may never have heard of such meetings? 

I will probably be around for 2-3 weeks but plan to stay in Hong Kong for a couple of days and to visit Perth (never been there), Brisbane (my mate whom I have been hanging out with since we were 5 years old is there) and NZ (replace my R&G clothes). 

Edited by Sandokan

Surprising none of your Kiwi neighbours have picked up on this event and offered to come over? Maybe they need a direct hint as they may never have heard of such meetings? 

I will probably be around for 2-3 weeks but plan to stay in Hong Kong for a couple of days and to visit Perth (never been there), Brisbane (my mate whom I have been hanging out with since we were 5 years old is there) and NZ (replace my R&G clothes). 

Do let me know when you come to Brisbane too.

John (erl) made a brilliant promotion video for the Melbourne Challenge, which was handed out in Lisbon.

If this is OK with John, I will make a copy and send it to anyone, who promises to send it to the next interested person.

Stefan

John (erl) made a brilliant promotion video for the Melbourne Challenge, which was handed out in Lisbon.

If this is OK with John, I will make a copy and send it to anyone, who promises to send it to the next interested person.

Stefan

Or perhaps someone who knows how those things work could dump it into a dropbox?

Rgds

C. 

Basically a good idea, but please keep in mind, that this is roughly 1GB of data.

Stefan

If John is OK with it, I could upload it to YouTube - that would enable it to be streamed at a choice of different qualities, and wouldn't require anyone to download anything. It's possible to upload a video behind a private link, so it wouldn't appear on the main YouTube site.

Edit: Having said that, I haven't watched it yet, and am assuming it's a single video format presentation. If it isn't then this idea wouldn't work.....

Edited by DigitalHeMan