LeicaQ Screen Protector

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi.  Just thought I would share this on screen protectors for the Q.  I don't know about you but I have never been happy with Leica one.  It's hard to get installed, shows mares easily and really effects the clarity of the screen.  In searching for something better, I came across the Phantom Glass ones.  Only one problem, they didn't list one for the Q.  So with the help of the "camerasize.com" web site I compared the screen sizes of all the cameras Phantom Glass did have glass protectors for against the Q and found one that appeared to be the right size.  It's the one of the Fujifilm X-100t.  Not being sure, I attempted to contact Phantom Glass with an inquiry as to the actual size but never heard back.  I decided to take a shot and ordered the Fujifirm X-100t glass screen protector.  I'm happy to say the it fits great, just a millimeter smaller in each direction.  It's crystal clear and the touch screen works fine.  If you were like Me, you might want to check out the Phantom Glass screen protectors.  I've included a picture of the Q with the protector install, forgive the glare, that was the best shot I got showing how the protector fits.  Edited by rrissmiller
  • Like 6

That's a Gariz button.  I sticks on the shutter release, no modifications to the camera required.  I find it helps being steady when depressing  the shutter.  They come in a two pack - one red and one black.    

• Like 2

Quite possibly  so.  I was able to find a few others but none with tempered glass.  I really like how glass protectors look compared to film  ones.  But each to there own, just thought some might be interested in this option.  Always good to have options. I'll keep the Panasonic ones in mind.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

I just fitted the Leica screen protector yesterday and am unhappy with the matt finish. I have a tempered glass protector on my iPhone but was unable to find one for the Q. Thank you for this information, I will be getting a Phantom protector.

Just got one of these as well as Albert for my replacement Q 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BROTECT-AirGlass-Flexible-Glass-Screen-Protector-for-Leica-Q-Typ-116/191923853713?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D612ec3f8d8ba412bbf8436029950bb6d%26pid%3D100102%26

Seems good and easy to fit and cheap too. Gives a clearer image than the Leica protector and seems easier to see the image when holding that camera lower down

Edited by viramati
  • Like 1

For anyone else considering, I fitted the Leica screen protector, matt finish, and it fits and works great. Easy to fit ... no complaints here   :)

I use the original Screen Protector, too and the installation process was very easy, perfect fit and the matt finished style is -for me- very comfortable.

Hey folks, it is only the screen I use for menu. Taking Photos I mostly use EVF with its high resolution.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My pre-owned Q came with the Leica protector adhered. It was in seemingly excellent condition, but I was not finding the overtly matte finish working for me.  I ordered a Brotect Airglass protector sized for the Q directly from the protectorfilms24.com.  Installation was very easy, the size is perfect and I'm enjoying the excellent view from the  LCD. I hope the  apparent quality is an indicator of its longevity.  

The shipping to California was very quick...and free!

I just bought and installed the: "Leica Q (TYP 116) Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Exuun Optical 9H Hardness 0.3mm Ultra-Thin DSLR Camera LCD Tempered Glass for Leica Q (TYP 116) Digital Camera" (direct paste from Amazon) and it worked perfect. Invisible and the screen responds well to touch commands. I paid a whooping $9. Vertically there is like a 1/4mm gap to the edges and horizontally around 3/4mm or so.

Cheers,

LH

This one worked perfectly for me (for both viewfinder and back screen)