Few of my daugher from our camping trip

ralphh

Thanks Stuny, that's not how I shot #4, but you're right, it does look better. Given I was actually laying flat on my back I guess there is no real up or down! I hadn't thought to rotate I though. Thanks! I'll go back through the short series I shot and look at them all again rotated. I might find a different favourite!

Edited by ralphh

I think #1 is a charming picture that anyone could find lovely, but as a "family picture" the final one is hard to beat because it has everything -- a lovely moment, the oddly grown-up woman's gesture as she holds her hair back, the face, the muddy feet... It all comes together. Pictures that will mean even more in ten, twenty years' time...

• Like 1

Thanks Alun, my wife commented she looks a lot older than 3 in this photo.  She loves all the little details like the far door etc.  It has a lot of depth to it somehow.  12x18 is already ordered lol.  I like #1 as an abstract photo - would make a good book or album cover, but it is a bit odd as a family photo.

Thanks Sharookh, I enjoy sharing them.  Just about to post todays ones!

Edited by ralphh

An absolutely charming set of beautiful images. I agree with the others that #1 is my favourite, but all will provide happy memories for a long time to come. Thanks for letting us in on your holiday.

Gerry

• Like 1

A very lovely set of photos but nowhere do we see her face.

However, if you've excluded such identifying photos to maintain her anonymity as a child I would fully understand and support that ;-)

Haha, wasn't actually intentional.  Just happened to like these the most initially.  I've actually found ones I like more since, and they seem to have a bit more face

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Thanks Matic,

I'm putting together a B&W book at the moment, and I've actually found another in that set that I think I like more in B&W for my book (the one at this top of this thread didn't seem to work very well in colour for some reason):

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!