Electronic Shutter vs. "normal" Shutter

steppenw0lf

I do not often use f 1.4 and certainly not if there is a very bright sky in the image.

So I actually have not taken a single photo with 1/16000.  :p  (And it was winter time, so rather dark. Maybe I get the opportunity in summer.)

So you can simply let it be switched ON. It will not influence the slower speeds. (How would it ?)

The bands of light and dark about ten posts back suggest that the fluorescent light in the room was cycling at about four times the speed with which the image was captured and extracted.  I thought fluorescents oscillated at 50 or 60 Hz, which would suggest that the chip was read out over 1/15 sec, which is rather slow.  We know the SL can shoot at 11 FPS, and 1/15 sec is faster than that, so 1/15 sec may indeed be the bandwidth limitation for getting the image off the chip.

But I went out yesterday in full sun, shooting at f/1.4 and 1/16000 sec (at ISO 400), and waved the camera across a scene with a nice straight light pole, holding it both horizontally and vertically.  The pole stayed straight in all half dozen tries.

scott

• Like 1