Firmware issue/bug relating to soft-key

chris24turner

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is anyone aware of a bug (known/reported or otherwise) relating to use of the softkeys?

In my SL (latest firmware installed) having assigned short-cuts to frequently used settings, I have noticed that the top-left softkey does not display the selected shortcut option in the Viewfinder. It does display all four shortcuts on the LCD screen and the buttons in bottom-left, top-right and bottom-right all display in the EVF with no problem but the Top-Left assigned shortcut does not display in the viewfinder at all.

Give it a longer press maybe.   Mine is set to ISO and works that way.   It takes some getting used to the long press/short press way the buttons work.

• Like 1

Setup > Customize Control > Menu Access in EVF is disabled by default. Enable it and you will be able to use short and long press functions with the Upper Left button while using the EVF. 

Thank you @ramarren. That was indeed the 'problem' ;) I think we'll put it down to 'operator error' :)

Really appreciate the help. Thanks to the other guys also, who commented. Case closed!