Lenses which ones to keep...

IWC Doppel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey JM, yes - the signature vignetting of the Noctilux will not be completely removed (and who would want to).

It will be lessened and some distortion reduced.

It is nice though with a coded Noctilux to have a quick choice of showing all its effect on a digital M or having it slightly tamed. Of course the menu selection will do the same, but coding it makes that selection somewhat quicker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well life moves on, we have accepted an offer on the house, we will be looking for something smaller and hope we have made the right decision, it's been quite emotional, 7 lenses now for sale, just bought a 15mm MkIII VC  and back to work !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by IWC Doppel
  • Like 2

It does indeed have some history, it was owned by a hoarder before us  ! So we got very familiar with the economy of recycling. Very glad to have owned such an amazing place (Refurbishment a long way from being finished) but with my health, only Jane and our whippet 600 SqM of DIY was looking a bit too much in many ways :-(

The views from the terrace are truly incredible, I hope we don't regret it, it's a truly unique house

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It does indeed have some history, it was owned by a hoarder before us  ! So we got very familiar with the economy of recycling. Very glad to have owned such an amazing place (Refurbishment a long way from being finished) but with my health, only Jane and our whippet 600 SqM of DIY was looking a bit too much in many ways :-(

The views from the terrace are truly incredible, I hope we don't regret it, it's a truly unique house

You won't regret the house, but the lenses, … you will regret selling the lenses ;-)

Good luck and I hope everything turns out as you imagined!

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear things are progressing.

I'm sorry to hear of all the upturn, life can be unfair.

But life is too short for regrets. We can only make the most of the experiences we have and then look for new ones. :)

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

Distilled down, life is a string of fleeting experiences and residua of memories. Perhaps what distinguishes those of us who fancy ourselves photographers is a compulsion to be faithful guardians of those recollections.

We are all ultimately caretakers of valued objects and ideas for the next visitor. 'Regret' ought to be reserved for what you feared to try, and didn't.

• Like 3

Thanks for all your supportive comments, I already have fond memories of sitting on the terrace with a cup of tea in my working gear, pointing some of the masonry and the view from the front lawn of the East side in the morning sun :-)

I feel privileged to have been part of the restoration. I hope I can find something a little smaller and as pretty to point my 21mm at !

• Like 5

Took my new 15mm out with the M9-P, glad to see the corner magenta problems have gone. Very impressed with the resolution and overall performance.

So my little lot is now 15, 21, 28, 3x35, 2x50. The old 15mm, a 12mm two other 50's and my lovely 75 summilux are for sale with Ace Cameras. One from today with the new 15, no magenta issues the brollies were those colours !

• Like 6

Darn.....

Been thinking about scratching the 35mm summilux pre ASPH itch when one or two of my lenses are sold.

I am thinking of a v2 and as late as possible I have been doing some reading and wanted any advice on say a titanium version as a nice one is for sale on the bay in Italy with a 12504 hood...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that the one that purportedly performs better than the black version? Someone explain to me why...

Reportedly they are all the same or newer ones are better or the v1 was the best...

I believe the coatings are the same, but not sure.

I think newer ones are newer, mine is 40 years old and has had plenty of opportunity to be somewhat out of spec. A lot of them (older ones) were used professionally and given the length of production there is bound to be sample variation.

Still, my favourite lens.

• Like 1