Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 VM III

DMJ

Thank you all once again :). I apologize if I misled anyone here; these were all taken with the ZM 15. My first post was to respond to Luigi about the lack of ZM 15 images. In hindsight, I admit it's confusing :D. So I shall recuse myself from further posting images in this thread. I have no doubt the new CV would be able to do something similar.

Now to the second part, I'm shooting most of these on a Sony A7s with Kolari thin filter modification. This has allowed me to learn this lens characteristics in a short amount of time (have owned only it for 7 months so far). Love M-mount optics, but can't see myself paying for the RF experience.

Now to answer a few questions here:

@terrycym: The first one was exposed at 3200 ISO, 30 sec and f/8. The third one was actually an HDR pano.

@mirekti: I find the sunlight filter in Nik Color Efex has quite a nice glow. I fixed the softened edges with a bit more aggressive sharpening in Nik Sharpener.

@bocaburger: I guess my clarification on my use of the A7s would answer your question :D. Overall, vignette and color cast are not a problem on this camera (the second picture above, I added vignette for effect).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any reviews comparing MkII to MkIII ?

Although I don't doubt the new one will be an improvement, for me the MkII is more than sufficient. I use LR flat field correction that is just one click operation. 

Look at my album below for color issues (or rather, lack of color issues after flat field correction). I will stick to MkII (due to small form factor) till I get convinced.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmahto/sets/72157640890387185

If anyone is interested here is the Version 1, ltm.

I use it on my M8.  No corner problems, and nice to have a 20mm (equivalence) plenty wide enough for me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128029366@N05/15254938918/in/datetaken/

These are SOOC JPG's on the M8.

Just aim along the flash shoe, and it focuses down to 0.3m (1').

Super little lens really, and only a few hungry dollars.

cheers  Dave S ;)

I have not tried the vIII yet but have enjoyed using the vII on my M9 despite it's flaws,vignetting and all. :)

Here's a shot taken on the Southern California Coastline.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by nelly001
  • Like 11