M240 Settings Resetting to default by themselfs

jto555

I have my M240's set up as close as I can get them to a film M, meaning I disable as many of the newfngled digital features as I can.  Auto ISO, live view, movie mode, LCD review, "advanced" metering...all disabled, like they didn't exist.

That makes good sense to me ... unless there is a specific situation where you need a specific change. For example, if you really needed to push the ISO in order to get a photo.

Otherwise leave well alone for as long as possible.

I just had this issue - highly frustrating since a few shots that were underexposed are unsalvageable. 

I noticed that this issue coincided with the next time I turned on the camera after the files' names reset back to L1000000. If this is the case (big if), I'm utterly blown away at how this could happen. It's situations like this that keep a nagging doubt in my mind over how much I can trust this camera.

I myself will be checking the settings every time I turn on the camera from this point on, which frustrates me to no end. 

The problem with the names is annoying - I often just import the files on name and do not like doubles, however when I use Capture One I add prefixes.

I had been fooling with settings, I admit, such as selecting red frames, just to see the effect; and I had myself selected auto-iso because of a holiday trip; and in such cases the JPG are astoundingly well. I noticed the change precisely because the red frame line had vanished  . . 

• 2 years later...