Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pico,

Actually I posted a reply to you in the other thread I have running here at the moment. With all due respect the camera is just a tool - yes, a fabulous tool - but a tool nonetheless. For me, it's there to be used and enjoyed and played with which also means that I'll sometimes put so-called "funky" film in it just because I can and just because it will generate a different image to using great films like Tri-X or Velvia :)

I hope you like your M7...I'm an M6 user.

I just wanted to say that you handled this nonsense with grace and aplomb.

I too like shooting funky and expired film sometimes.

Pico,

Actually I posted a reply to you in the other thread I have running here at the moment. With all due respect the camera is just a tool - yes, a fabulous tool - but a tool nonetheless. For me, it's there to be used and enjoyed and played with which also means that I'll sometimes put so-called "funky" film in it just because I can and just because it will generate a different image to using great films like Tri-X or Velvia :)

We probably think alike. I have always liked quality tools, whatever the endeavor. I began, like most, with modest tools. My first adult carry-about camera was a Petri 7S in 1964. I would be happy to use the same today, but it aged and broke.

An image from that camera:

bicycle_196.gif

The pursuit of light began with a modest camera. It is all that matters to me.

Edited by pico