Please help critique lens

yaominator

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello!

im currently in the market looking for a summilux 50mm type 1 or 2. Would be needing some Of your inputs on this lens i found for sale on ebay. I know ebay is a hit or miss when buying but it might be a better decision with all your help.

here’s the link, let me know what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145405429610?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7tM5x8aaQWS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=JMINvpdERoK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

thanks in advance 

Looks good to me but it is not my money... What I did is checked the picture, check the feedback left to the seller. Especially the 3 negatives ones received this month.  Based on this, it looks good to me. 

What I'd do is ask a few questions before deciding, especially about his return policy (I always do before making expensive purchase on eBay).

It is going to be your call at the end of the day. 

Edited by Aryel

No lens hood.  Seller feedback needs improvement.  Lens description is weak.  You get 30 days return.  

Buying used leica lenses is tricky, if you are confident in your own ability to judge an M lens once received it's a safe purchase, if not it's very easy to miss minor issues.  

As an alternative I would buy local allowing for hands on with your camera.  

Alternate 2, Tamarkin has this listing currently:

50 Summilux f1,4 Silver Chrome (Version I), Nr. 178xxxx, with lens shade (12521G), Ex++ $1,850

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, yaominator said:

Where is tamarkin’s ad?

https://www.tamarkin.com/products/m-series/lenses

I've had many good experiences with Dan Tamarkin and his staff.  

There's also exists the v3 Leica 50mm with a built in hood, same optics as v2, perhaps different coatings, otherwise very similar to v2.