CV15mm + IR/UV cut filter + firm 1.102

ritomo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've used the nail polish as paint on seven different adapters, most have been in use for a few months now. It works great and is readily available at drugstores.

Cheers,

Sean

Not that I'd have an issue buying nail polish, but 1.5USD/ea. of Testors enamel in white and black is working well... heh, I expect we'll have a thread soon enough comparing Testor and Boyd model paints to MaxFactor, Revlon or Uniq nail polishes ;) Haven't priced nail polishes... is 1.5USD wasted?

John, your adapter supplies in quality! Thanks.

rgds,

Dave

One other thing I do not know how anyone used the o ring method of attaching a filter. I tried double sided tape seems like a good fit. I took a razor blade and trimmed the excees tape that was exposed . David

Yes, the O-ring works reasonably well... for the CV 15mm and 39mm filter: IIRC, the O-ring is 1 7/16 OD, 1 5/16 ID, US inches.

rgds,

Dave

Has anyone used the adapter on a CV 12+ firm 1.102? What focal length did you code the lens? What were the results with B&W 486 IR filter and without? What settings did you use on the M8 menu? What software did you use for processing RAW? Any insights you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Herb

Has anyone used the adapter on a CV 12+ firm 1.102? What focal length did you code the lens? What were the results with B&W 486 IR filter and without? What settings did you use on the M8 menu? What software did you use for processing RAW? Any insights you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Herb

Herbert, wander thru the threads here. There are many posts as well as pix of wide lenses on the M8.

The consensus is that you will need the Leica version of the IR-cut filters for lenses that are wider than 21.

Actually, Herb is asking good questions. I would be interested in the answers, too. Maybe this needs to be a new thread. The 12mm range is not covered by the new firmware, so I don't know if the new firmware does anything for this lens, even if it's coded for WATE at 16mm. Also, if the new firmware can't correct the cyan drift and vignetting on the 12mm, then whether you put a Leica filter (Is there even plans for a 77mm filter? Do smaller filters work a la CV 15mm?) or a B+W or Heliopan filter on, should not make any difference. I don't think answers for these have been posted before.

So, I have purchased both the WATE filter adapter (and retaining ring) and the 90mm ltm adapter from John Milich. Now all I have to do is decide which lens to buy. I've got my 30% coupon, and have developed an appreciation for the WATE from Guy's pix, but I also have to fund my video hardware budget. Now I know why the day job keeps getting in the way.

I'm not going to tell the bride when I go shopping for the nail polish. :)

It will come to pass that we will see someone in the drug store with Goth nail polish bottles in one hand and a pack of Sharpies in the other. And, in a moment of recognition, we will immediately ask him or her how he or she likes the M8. In fact, the lore will come to be such that a person who doesn't own these things will come to be thought of as "just a Leica digital dilettante".

<G>

Sean

Guest guy_mancuso

We need to start a beginers guide to the M8

Black Nail Polish

Dremel Tool

Black Sharpies

O rings

Bath stopers for removing filter glass

1.25 magnifiers

grips

Sd cards

leica wipes for nose grease

Luigi straps , half cases

Soft releases

A&A camera bags

Billingham camera bags

Fogg if you got the money

More lenses than you know what to do with. i fit in here

Round metal lens hoods

Custom Wate Adapters

camera release plates

Metz 54

SF24

handstraps

neck straps

Muzzle for your spouse screaming at you for spending all the money

Extra battery charger

3 extra batteries minimum

Marks custom made travel charger

lets not forget adpter rings by the truck load , recessed and ready for coding

PS

Lightroom

C1

Pano Tools

monitior calibration

back up drives

card readers that work

Admin's that can actually type for you. i need this one. LOL

Black cloth for testing

WhilBal card

Gregtag macbeth color chart in different sizes of course

Tripod

monopod

tripod heads

monopod heads

IR filters . Stand in line and wait buddy

sensor swaps

Eclipse

real alcohol to drink if it don't clean

Dust off

Rocket blowers

External finders . pick your flavor

Extra leica lens hoods to save

Visoflex III

bellows

more freaking adapters for that

leica lenses

Zeiss lenses

voightlander lenses

strange lenses

lenses out of production

coding for lenses

Using all of this and getting awesome images . Priceless:D

We need to start a beginers guide to the M8

Muzzle for your spouse screaming at you for spending all the money

Classic. I have a possible solution. I said to my dear wife that I needed more soft pouches to hold things like the 21mm viewfinder, and the kenko polarizer shoe mount thingy... and she said......... no problem, I can buy some more stuff at Tiffany and they come with a free pouch !! Arrgghh!!! Keep my mouth shut why don't I ????

• 2 weeks later...

Got the jlm mount, got the nail varnish, got the 39mm Leica IR Cut Filter, got a little rubber ring, got a used CV 15mm and hey - it works! Huge kudos to John for his technical skills and willingness to share with us + MANY thanks to all for their pioneer spirit...

Took a shot in the office at home... fully open, hande held at 1/11th of a second. Can't be bad. SO pleased with the results.

Hadn't noticed that my toe was in shot - what a nice wide lens...

Best

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I am also very interested and would like to take one. I hope to hear soon something of you.

Co Morriën

Contact John Milich - jm@milich.com - the adaptor works perfectly - lovely piece of clean engineering in it's own right. I used Boots (UK pharmacy) own brand nail varnish. Sure others work....