CV15mm + IR/UV cut filter + firm 1.102

ritomo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

against my better judgement perhaps, but I am considering manufacturing from scratch a leica-thread-to-leica-bayonet adapter with machined recesses for self-coding. probalby would sell in the $140 range... it would primarily be designed for the 15mm Voightlander lens and match that as far as flange thickness, frame lines called up, etc.

any interest?

Absolutely John

I just received the WATE adapter from you and it is brilliant.

Thanks

Woody Spedden

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

against my better judgement perhaps, but I am considering manufacturing from scratch a leica-thread-to-leica-bayonet adapter with machined recesses for self-coding. probalby would sell in the $140 range... it would primarily be designed for the 15mm Voightlander lens and match that as far as flange thickness, frame lines called up, etc.

any interest?

Boy, it's a long time I said in this forum that if some serious shop starts to work regularly on adapter+coding THERE IS A CERTAIN BUSINESS ! I am on the list, 2 or 3 items..

If John can sort out possible legal/patent issues, as he and I have discussed, this would be wonderful. I currently have seven Leitz adapters that were machined by John (non-commercially, for testing purposes only) with indentations (see attached photo) and they are wonderful. I also have the custom WATE adapter and it is beautifully made. One could take care of nearly all the needed screwmount lenses with just two models of adapters.

An adapter that is like the Leitz 9 cm can be used with: 28 and 21 mm lenses as well as the CV 15.

An adapter that is like the Leitz 13.5 cm can be used with 35 and 24/25 mm lenses.

So, together, just those two models would cover 15, 21, 24, 25, 28 and 35 mm lenses and these are crucial focal lengths for coding. Lenses longer than that really do not need to be coded because cyan drift is minimal.

I would be thrilled to see that this can go forward. I'm currently testing Leica and CV lenses (with Leica and 486 filters) to see how well the cyan drift is corrected. So far, the results are very encouraging.

This would also provide a great potential solution for the many owners of classic Leica screwmount lenses.

Cheers,

Sean

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

John,

would those adapters have the 6 holes in or at least a recessed zone?

Karl-Heinz

I think that by having just a recessed zone which could be marked by the end user, one could get around any patent infringements.....

Jan

John,

I'll definately take one off your hands to use with my CV15. Let us all know when/how/where we should send you $$. I've been waiting for someone with Leica knowledge and machining skills to offer this on the forum. Great!

Mark (photo - at - envision1 - dot - com)

any interest?

Yes i would also one for my CV15!

How is the deal?

Thanx and greetings from Vienna.

Mario

any interest?

John,

Please put me down for one.

charles masters

charlesmastersstudio@mac.com

any interest?

John,

I'll take one, too - provided, you can ship to Switzerland.

regards, Svend

I am certainly interested in one, although I will stay just short of commitment until you email me, I look in my account and see the money, and the price of shipping to Germany is settled :) Please put me on your list and mail me when it gets close. There will be holes for the paint, right?

Forgive me for being late to the conversation, but has anyone experimented with the CV12 to see if coding it as a 16 will reduce some of the vignetting? While not a perfect solution, it might offer a little bit of help. I use my CV12 more than the CV15 and it certainly would be nice to eliminate some of the vignetting.

Kurt