Lens cap for 35 FLE / 21/3,4 / WATE

flyalf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

1) Anyone got a hint where to buy a front lens cap for 35/1,4 ASPH FLE? The shipping from major dealers are quite steep to Norway :-( LEICA 35mm f/1.4 ASPH (14 212) hood cap. It is the same cap as for SUPER-ELMAR-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH and LEICA TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH.

2) Anyone know ith the hood and/or the front cap of the 35/1,4 FLE is the same as the previous 35/1,4 ASPH?

Seems to loose these sort of caps on a regular basis. Wouldn't mind the price if it really stayed on the lens ;) .

All help much appreciated.

Hi,

1) Anyone got a hint where to buy a front lens cap for 35/1,4 ASPH FLE? The shipping from major dealers are quite steep to Norway :-( LEICA 35mm f/1.4 ASPH (14 212) hood cap. It is the same cap as for SUPER-ELMAR-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH and LEICA TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH.

2) Anyone know ith the hood and/or the front cap of the 35/1,4 FLE is the same as the previous 35/1,4 ASPH?

Seems to loose these sort of caps on a regular basis. Wouldn't mind the price if it really stayed on the lens ;) .

All help much appreciated.

Try Popflash.

• Like 1

Lens cap # 14231 (35/1.4 asph FLE, 35/1.4 asph)

MEISTER CAMERA Hamburg: Vorderdeckel E46 : Produktliste

Hood cap # 14040 (35/1.4 asph)

Leica Deckel für Gegenlichtblende Art. 14040, neu................ 2868 | eBay

Hood cap # 14212 (35/1.4 asph FLE, 24/3.8 asph, 21/3.4 asph, 16-18-21/4 asph)

MEISTER CAMERA Hamburg: LEICA Geli-Deckel für Elmar-M 3,8/24mm Asph. : Produktliste

Edited by lct
  • Like 1

Just so you know, they actually slide on... and therefore, slide off easily.:rolleyes:

Yes, too easily all to often.

Now I just remove at the beginning of the day, store them for later and carry on without the caps since many times having to remove a cap or get your camera out of the bag causes one to miss that all important photo of the day. I speak from experience.

• Like 1

Yes, too easily all to often.

Now I just remove at the beginning of the day, store them for later and carry on without the caps since many times having to remove a cap or get your camera out of the bag causes one to miss that all important photo of the day. I speak from experience.

Exactly what I do.

I haven't lost a lens cap since I adopted this strategy. During use hoods & filters (controversial :eek:) protect the lenses whilst I'm using them, and they are kept filter down/backcap up in my bag (which is regularly vacuumed for dust),

Well, if you keep the lens in the bag and don't use it the cap stays on :D.

I have the same problem with the cap for the 24mm Summilux. I've lost more of those down the sides of hotel lobby arm chairs than I care to think about .. and they're not cheap.

Bob.

It pains me to agree with 0laf but I don't find the cap for the 35 Summilux lens hood (of current or previous vintage) susceptible to coming off. When pushed on all the way, there is a satisfying click that keeps the cap pretty firmly in place. That doesn't mean that the caps are not easy to lose but IME that comes down to forgetting where I've put it or having the cap fall out of my pocket.

Thanks for all help. I have now found a Norway dealer that soon will have caps in place. Hurt me to pay NOK 150 + 160 in shipping ( aprox 19 + 20 EURO) :confused:.

Mine or normally lost while carrying camera with strap across neck/under arm. I suspect that camera hits clothing or other that I carry and that cap is pushed off. Since I normally dont use UV filter I prefer this protection. I remove cap while moving camera to ready position, so no extra time for readiness required.

Btw; If several users of Leica have lost their caps and therefore claim them to be of bad design its simply not any issue to discuss.They are lost. Anyone might argue that their caps are well designed, but that is of no use for all those loosing this overpriced-small-piece-of-lousy-designed-crappy-plastic.

Lets say that half the users experience loosing cap, is this a good design?

So to Leica: Please improve design, ore deliver lenses with 10x pieces of plastic.

• Like 2

Let's say that half the users experience losing cap, is this a good design?

Blaming the cap's design when you misplaced it is not adult behaviour.

In the last four or five years, I lost two caps—one Leica M body cap and one non-Leica lens front cap. In both cases, the reason was my own inattentiveness, not the caps' designs.

Blaming the cap's design when you misplaced it is not adult behaviour.

In the last four or five years, I lost two caps—one Leica M body cap and one non-Leica lens front cap. In both cases, the reason was my own inattentiveness, not the caps' designs.

I have not misplaced any cap. Please behave as an adult, meaning that you read before answering, and don't accuse based on your misconceptions or behavior.

Again, what I or you as single users experience tells less about design than larger numbers of users.

Edited by flyalf
typos

From my point of view this cap is just a piece of crap. It is soft plastic that really has no way of clicking into place. I'm not sure what posters are talking about when they state that there is a click into place. What clicks? There are no moving parts or spring or anything to hold the cap in place. Although, I have not lost one, they continue to fall off because, they do not click into place.

Are we all talking about the same thing? I'm not talking about the standard round cap that clicks into the filter threads. I'm talking about the rectangular piece of soft plastic crap that slides onto the lens hood... and slides off.

Edited by RickLeica

Again, what I or you as single users experience tells less about design than larger numbers of users.

That's what I'm saying. :cool:

I'm talking about the rectangular piece of soft plastic cap that slides onto the lens hood ... and slides off.

So do I. And to make them slide off inadvertently, you need to put them on improperly or to bump into something badly.