60mm lens caps

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Many years ago I went in good faith to the local hardware store to buy an M5 bolt. They clearly thought I was trying to mess with them and were not polite. A week or two later, courtesy of Ebay, I went back with an M5 bolt in hand to tell them that there was more under heaven and earth than was known to their philosophy, but luckily the shop was closed.

I now find myself in the position of trying to source an E60 lens cap at a reasonable price. My best option so far seems to be to order one from Denmark with all the associated postage and shipping costs on top of an exorbitant price, or possibly to get one 3d printed.

13 hours ago, andybarton said:

Nope.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by KitW

13 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Better, but still more than I want to pay for a lens cap!

I bought one of my lenses 2nd hand and it came with an E62 lens cap that sort-of fits. The proper snap-on ones are better as you can take them on and off, even with a lens hood fitted. I just started to buy one from Sweden for £35, but when it came to checkout, I found it was not in stock there either and they expected to have to order it in.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, andybarton said:

Have you bought a Leica lens cap before? 

No... But does anybody? One of my 2nd hand lenses came with lots of expensive branded Leica filters thrown in and... two perfectly adequate unbranded snap-on lens caps, available on Ebay for  £1.64 each. I wouldn't mind paying a bit of a premium, but it's annoying not to be able to get a replacement part.