I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

54 minutes ago, leicamour said:

Redbikini

Leica M6 - 90Elmarit - Velvia

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That film still does a fantastic job with reds and blues 

9 hours ago, bags27 said:

what fantastic lighting, framing, angles and curves...everything, Phil! Just so amazingly previsualized!

8 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Excellent, Phil. The picture captures the contrast of modern and classic approach on the theme of the human shape nicely. 

8 hours ago, Ernest said:

I join Ken applauding this deceptively simple/complex portrait composition. Photography speaking the language of art, two-dimensional painting, three-dimensional sculpture, and the fourth dimension of time in the trace of history in this improvised "gallery" space. Then, there's the sensuous flesh pink of time-worn bare walls, the re-purposed room with three nude studies. And what is that niche, the arc perfectly framing the sculpture?

Yes, yes, yes.

Thank you sincerely Ken, Klaus and Rog and everybody who liked the statue picture from 2009.

The credit must go, of course, to those who curated the room and saw the potential of putting these artworks together. The Convent Gallery in the pretty town of Daylesford is, as the name suggests, housed in a former convent, built in the Victorian style in the nineteenth century. A beautiful space in a commanding position looking over the town, the gallerists made the decision to keep the character of the rooms such as is evidenced in the photo. This is the sort of scenario with that window light that gets the photographic blood rushing, so literally, all I had to do was stand there and click.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stray cat said:

Thank you sincerely Ken, Klaus and Rog and everybody who liked the statue picture from 2009.

The credit must go, of course, to those who curated the room and saw the potential of putting these artworks together. The Convent Gallery in the pretty town of Daylesford is, as the name suggests, housed in a former convent, built in the Victorian style in the nineteenth century. A beautiful space in a commanding position looking over the town, the gallerists made the decision to keep the character of the rooms such as is evidenced in the photo. This is the sort of scenario with that window light that gets the photographic blood rushing, so literally, all I had to do was stand there and click.

For me it's a challenge knowing when not to engage the "click," when the moment asks, "So what?" You got it, Phil, just so. Resilience.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A couple more from Portugal way back in 1988:

• Like 18

On 6/11/2022 at 2:28 AM, dimm said:

Morning, 2022

M2-R | Lux' 35mm f/1.4 | Portra 400 @800

I really like the photo. And I admire your courage. If I attempted this, the next thing that would have happened is that my throat would have been slit. :)

Wayne

• Haha 5

I've just been looking at some b&w images on another forum that have super fine grain and superb tonal range. They were shot on Acros II and processed using a new Canadian developer called, Black/White & Green (green because it's environmentally friendly). I found this info about the developer and thought it might interest some of you.

http://www.alexluyckx.com/blog/index.php/2022/03/28/developer-review-blog-no-27-flic-film-black-white-green/

Here's a link to the photos that impressed me.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1760433

Edited by fotografr
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I've just been looking at some b&w images on another forum that have super fine grain and superb tonal range. They were shot on Acros II and processed using a new Canadian developer called, Black/White & Green (green because it's environmentally friendly). I found this info about the developer and thought it might interest some of you.

http://www.alexluyckx.com/blog/index.php/2022/03/28/developer-review-blog-no-27-flic-film-black-white-green/

Thanks. I ordered some. Looking at the formulation, I think it very similar to what one web describes as the eco version of D76. I made a batch  a couple of years ago and was very happy with results.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 2

@Doc Henry advised me to post some of my Kamakura photos here as well which originally was in a separate thread I created. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Looking outside the Motelroom

(Barstow, CA)

Leica MP * Leica Summilux M 1.4/35 Asph FLE * Kodak Portra 400 * onfilmlab Frankfurt/Main * Nikon Coolscan V ED

Edited by S/W
  • Like 12

Hi Jerry , thanks to post your nice Portra photos  in this thread .

About your two photos taken indoors there are several possibilities , either take for example the Portra 800 or use a bright lens like a summilux f/1.4 or Noctilux

or use a flash and finally either push from 400 to 800 😃

So full of possibilities and no need to run behind high Isos as with digital 🥲

the next step is to develop yourself film color or B&W  it's nicer and it will be a good job

Best
Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Knobochsaue 2022

Yashica T4 & Kodak Gold 200 & photographed the 9x13 print with the iphone 7 😉

Edited by jnero
  • Like 13

The old castle

FP4

HP5

Edited by fotomas
  • Like 18

some more of the old castle

HP5

HP5

• Like 15

and some more

FP4

HP5

• Like 15

Moon Over Our Campsite

Nikon S2 / Nokton 50f1.5 / 250D

• Like 10
  • Haha 1