I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Peak District.  Autumn 2018.

Fuji GSW690iii

Ektar

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Superb color Steve well framing

Best H

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AntonioF said:

Ostuni

FM2, Nikkor 50/1.8 AIS, Cinestill 800T

20181125-DSC01792 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Antonio well done and nice color despite difficult  night light condition

Best H

• Like 4

12 hours ago, sblitz said:

The other night Lizanne and I went to hear some New Orleans style Jazz at Minton's, reopened in Harlem at its original location. Great place, vibe, wonderful service and the food was good too (not the usual experience at a club). Here are some pics. The leader is the trumpet player, James Williams, and the sax player nearest the camera is very famous Marcus Miller (usually plays a bass guitar, hey, talent is talent) and the sax player at the far end is Wes "Warm Daddy" Anderson. Great talent produces great music ... These were mostly shot with my Leica M4, 90mm summicron, and some with a 50mm summilux .... TMAX 3200P film ..

I just so happened to have John Coltrane & 'A Love Supreme' playing when I scrolled down to these.  Wonderful atmosphere and tones!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zeche Zollern

Leica R4 - zone plate - TMAX400 in D76

45 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

I just so happened to have John Coltrane & 'A Love Supreme' playing when I scrolled down to these.  Wonderful atmosphere and tones!

Thanks so much. I suggest listening to the recently released lost recordings, if you haven't already, it is a treat.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chrism said:

By changing the ISO on the meter it's simply automating the adjustment needed for letting the spotmeter give the exposure for shadows as if they were 18% grey - obviously they need darkening from that. In real life, there often aren't whites and blacks in a scene, and sometimes the darkest thing isn't as dark as 'the darkest shade with visible detail' so that's why I like to give myself the freedom to adjust 3 stops if the shadow is really dark, and two stops if it's the best I've got but not properly dark.

If the human eye wasn't so very well adapted to cope with changing light conditions we would be much better at estimating exposures; as it is, it does such a good job of maintaining what our brain perceives as much the same vision over an incredible range. That's why non-metered approaches use secondary indicators of ambient light (degree of cloud cover etc for Sunny Sixteen).

Oh, yes, thank you, I follow that, but I had in mind a particular scenario which confused me, but I've realised in my scenario that the shadow area shouldn't go into zone 3 but should go into zone 4. 

Thanks again.

Pete

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 minutes ago, Stealth3kpl said:

Oh, yes, thank you, I follow that, but I had in mind a particular scenario which confused me, but I've realised in my scenario that the shadow area shouldn't go into zone 3 but should go into zone 4. 

Thanks again.

Pete

Going to zone 4 is asking for trouble 👽

• Like 2

Chris and dear guys,

I post you this link .....   but for my little sparrow brain  I'll let you read

http://www.alanbrockimages.com/blog/2015/5/30/how-to-meter-using-the-zone-system

Good reading.

Hope that it does not become a new "can' s worms"  🙂

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

More from Ostuni

FM2, Nikkor 50/1.8 AIS, Cinestill 800T

20181125-DSC01788 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Like 18

51 minutes ago, gbealnz said:

A lovely part of Italy Antonio, we loved Ostuni as well.

Interestingly, I see that Polignano A Mere is now charging tourists to visit, via turnstiles?
Gary

Yes. They installed holidays lights along the streets and the canyon that goes to the sea, so to safely control the flow of tourists, and also to get some easy money, they set up gates at the entrance of the old city with a 5 euro ticket. It’s understandable, but people are really upset. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leica M6 - Elmar 3,5/50 LTM - TMAX100 in D76

19 minutes ago, AntonioF said:

Yes. They installed holidays lights along the streets and the canyon that goes to the sea, so to safely control the flow of tourists, and also to get some easy money, they set up gates at the entrance of the old city with a 5 euro ticket. It’s understandable, but people are really upset. 

I'd still pay to go into those old towns, Martina Franka, Ostuni, Allerborello Matera, etc, all worth a €5 entry fee.

Gary

vor 21 Stunden schrieb A miller:

There is this tree in Central Park that twists so romantically and I have been infatuated by it from the first time I came across it.   Since I first encountered it I have wanted to photograph it.  But I couldn't find the right angle.  Well, last week I found my angle, with my panorama format.  😍

The sensual tree, Central Park (with the Gapstow Bridge in the background), Extra 6x17, 180mm Schneider APO Symmar

Really beautiful Adam! I like these "autumn" colors. But honestly, the brown frame is a bit disturbing for my eyes. It draws off my attention.

• Like 1

The Rhine

m4-2 hektor 13,5? tri-x (developed after 30 years)

Joachim

• Like 18