I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

the eighties ( baltic sea ) Tri x 400 Nikomat 35 mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by becker
  • Like 17

• Like 11

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

My Butifun Wife having a go with my Chamonix 4x5...............Shot with Leica S007 S120mm

• Like 16

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Just about need a bellows support Neil?
Gary

I'm using an old bobble hat right now :) :) I Haven't seen any black out on the few negs that I have shot with this camera...........Its nice and portable compared to my 8x10 but I still prefer shoot the 8x10......I wonder why :) :) 

Neil

• Like 2

A challenging shoot with a rangefinder, this was fun to shoot, but unfortunately I did not get enough separation between the subjects and the background...Oh well... I'll post anyway:

PierPups-12.jpg

PierPups-1.jpg

PierPups-2.jpg

PierPups-3.jpg

PierPups-4.jpg

PierPups-5.jpg

PierPups-6.jpg

PierPups-8.jpg

PierPups-7.jpg

Leica M6

Summicron 50

Tri-X

Xtol 1:1

Edited by gnuyork
  • Like 10

The thing I liked about last Sunday morning is that the terrain in Central Park was still very much like Fall although combined with a dusting of early snow. It was like a winter wonderland :)

Here's one with Ektar and the 80mm Planar (503cw)

attachicon.gifCP.jpg

I walked through the Park that day and saw what you described. And you caught it beautifully as always .

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

the eigthies isle of Fehmarm baltic sea, trix nikomat 35 mm n lense 

• Like 11

jump

Edited by pop
  • Like 9

M6 35 f/2 Tri-X 400

Plustek scan, Silverfast 8.1 (histogram normalised then processed further in LR)

I know that I have previously stated my wish to see distinctive grain to distinguish film from digital. Now I'm seeing it in my own work I'm not too sure any longer. Is it permissible to change my mind, :)

In the image that follows it looks as though everything, more or less, has been covered in beach sand. I wonder if my processing technique is incorrect or is it a characteristic of Tri-X 400.

27335637439_2d3b13b310_b.jpgLlandudno Abstract by -Steve Ricoh-

Edited by Steve Ricoh
  • Like 15

Very nice, Becker. Really shows that photography permits time travel. If you can, try posting larger images. That would make them even more enjoyable, I think.

br
Philip

the eighties ( baltic sea ) Tri x 400 Nikomat 35 mm

attachicon.gifthe eighties.jpg

Very fun series. This is my favourite. You can achieve a greater separation through post-processing to make in particular this dog stand out more from the background. 

A challenging shoot with a rangefinder, this was fun to shoot, but unfortunately I did not get enough separation between the subjects and the background...Oh well... I'll post anyway:

PierPups-5.jpg

I don't know anything about Silverfast or what you mean by a normalised histogram, but this looks over-processed to me because the highlights in the railing and on the sand are blown and there are dark areas to the right with crushed shadows. Did you try to enhance the railing's shadow? If so, it is probably better to do that locally in Photoshop as pulling the global sliders affects the highlights and shadows too much. That said, this high-key look might be what you were after and if so you definitely did a good job, I think. In any event, unless the negative is too over-exposed it should be possible to retain the grainy structure of Tri-X while keeping a more even tonal balance across the image.

br

Philip

M6 35 f/2 Tri-X 400
Plustek scan, Silverfast 8.1 (histogram normalised then processed further in LR)

I know that I have previously stated my wish to see distinctive grain to distinguish film from digital. Now I'm seeing it in my own work I'm not too sure any longer. Is it permissible to change my mind, :)
In the image that follows it looks as though everything, more or less, has been covered in beach sand. I wonder if my processing technique is incorrect or is it a characteristic of Tri-X 400.

27335637439_2d3b13b310_b.jpgLlandudno Abstract by -Steve Ricoh-

• Like 4