I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Vistula 1981      

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

m4-2 2/90 I/2 fp4

Joachim

Edited by mdachs
  • Like 17

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

After my two days of shooting Aisana and Azzura.........shooting a total of 10 sheets of 8x10 (6 on Aisana and 4 on Azzura) here are my last two. I do have one left but its going to need a lot of work as I didn't quite get the exposure correct.

How that happened was that I decided to ask Aisana to prop herself up on the sofa so that I could take a longer exposure of her at 2 seconds. I set the shutter at B but forgot I was on B and by the time I had realised what I was doing I had already gone to ~ 3 seconds so hence the neg is quite a bit over exposed.............I will play with it later and see if I can get a half decent picture out of it, but all in all I am really chuffed with 9 out of 10.

Below is one of each Azzura and Aisana;

I now have the laborious process of looking through all the S007 images that I took of both of these pretty girls............initially they look great, so hopefully I will have a few nice ones to post over on the S image thread over the weekend

Neil

• Like 14

Thanks, Wayne and Edward.  Appreciate the feedback.

I prefer this one. The sky appears more realistic to me. It is not a perfect match, for color, as the water, as in the first photograph.

Another beautiful shot, Adam. I personally prefer the velvia 100 version because of the more saturated sky and the more attractive and natural creamy white color of the boats. The Ektar renders them more saturated and warmer in tone.

Very cool, Phil.  I like the frame-within-a-frame with her interesting hat, profile and waves framed by the umbrella.

Parasol:

p2154765504-5.jpg

Venice, Los Angeles 2016

M6TTL, 50mm Summicron, K2, tri-X

• Like 2

Just Velvia 100 on this one :)

Cool early morning light from the Herzlyia marina...

503cw, 80mm Planar

Edited by A miller
  • Like 14

Very cool, Phil.  I like the frame-within-a-frame with her interesting hat, profile and waves framed by the umbrella.

Just Velvia 100 on this one :)

Cool early morning light from the Herzlyia marina...

503cw, 80mm Planar

Thanks so much once more Adam for your thoughtful observation.

Your finely observed marina pictures make me wonder how brilliant it would be to just sail (or motor, at least until the breeze picks up) away on a sunny morning in one of those sensational craft. This one (above) also reminds me of an abstract I took a few years ago on my favourite, now dearly departed, transparency film:

p298159727-5.jpg

masts abstract, 2012

canon F1N, FD 300mm f4, Kodak E100VS

• Like 14

Thanks so much once more Adam for your thoughtful observation.

Your finely observed marina pictures make me wonder how brilliant it would be to just sail (or motor, at least until the breeze picks up) away on a sunny morning in one of those sensational craft. This one (above) also reminds me of an abstract I took a few years ago on my favourite, now dearly departed, transparency film:

p298159727-5.jpg

masts abstract, 2012

canon F1N, FD 300mm f4, Kodak E100VS

Thanks, Phil.  I love your abstract  - we think on the same "wave" length :)  

And I was also jealous of all the folks who departed with their boats that morning for a cruise around the sunny mediterranean sea :)

• Like 1

After a discussion with Adam last night about this photo I decided to rescan and try to improve it: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-2075?do=findComment&comment=3378118

This is the result, Fuji Provia 100, Epson V600, no post processing at all. I'm not entirely happy with the scan, the colours are too muted, but I much prefer the look of the highlights.

• Like 9

After a discussion with Adam last night about this photo I decided to rescan and try to improve it: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-2075?do=findComment&comment=3378118

This is the result, Fuji Provia 100, Epson V600, no post processing at all. I'm not entirely happy with the scan, the colours are too muted, but I much prefer the look of the highlights.

attachicon.gifSheet065_002_2.jpg

I agree on both counts, Mike.  This shows me that there's a LOT of potential to be unlocked.  Great photo!

• Like 1

For Phil... :)

Velvia 100  :p

Edited by A miller
  • Like 9