Editing change

ho_co

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As of April 3, clicking 'EDIT' on an already posted comment does not allow editing within the context of the thread, but returns to the "Edit Advanced" level.

There are a couple disadvantages to this:

1) If the poster wants to refer to another post in the thread, it is now no longer easily available.

2) The automatic parser no longer substitutes the site name for the URL.

Although it may at first seem unnecessary to have two levels of editing available, I find the older version easier to work with.

I use the lowest level forum editor and discovered the change late evening on April 2, US central time.

An example left after my editing (showing an un-parsed site name, although "Parse links in text" is checked) is at http://www.leica-camera-user.com/digital-forum/20369-more-sensor-cleaning-2.html#post219299.

Thanks.

--HC

Sorry, my error. I rebooted the computer and everything functions as before. Must have been some confusion in my browser.

Just another inexplicable concatenation of computer confusions. :(

Wow, if my level of incompetence is this high when dealing with a simple computer, how can I hope to cope with a computer-camera? :rolleyes:

--HC